𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 - 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲

Start from the beginning

"so, arlo, what other cool things can you do? can you - can you fly?" dustin quizzed, breaking the silence that had fallen over himself, arlo, and lucas.

"i don't know, dust. i literally found out i had powers when you guys did." arlo mumbled as she looked down at the leaf covered ground.

"are you sure, because -" dustin started.

"i am 100% sure, dustin." arlo interrupted. "if i had powers this whole time, i would've told you guys once i found out about them."

"i just find it weird that you suddenly get powers right after we find eleven." dustin said, making arlo look at him. she was glad that she wasn't the only one who found that weird.

"maybe the weird is rubbing off on you." lucas chimed in, making arlo roll her eyes. she understood that he wanted to find will, i mean, they all do. but treating eleven like that wasn't gonna bring him back any faster.

"maybe." she said with a shrug as they continued to walk through the woods.

sooner or later, the sun had set and was replaced with the moon. arlo had squeezed herself between lucas and dustin, not wanting to be walking in the back by herself while it was dark. the party had turned their bike lights on so that they could see what was ahead of them. the journey was mostly quiet, everyone following eleven as she led them through the woods. arlo furrowed her eyebrows when she watched eleven come to a stop and turn to face mike. her, lucas, and dustin all walk the rest of the way, the two boys dropping their bikes once they realize where they were.

will's house.

"what are we doing here?" lucas questioned.

"she said he's hiding here." mike answered.

"um. . . no!" lucas said, attitude dripping from his tongue.

"i swear, if we walked all the way out here for nothing -" dustin started, obviously annoyed by this whole situation.

"that's exactly what we did." lucas interrupted. "i told you she didn't know what the hell she was talking about!"

arlo let out a frustrated sigh, also annoyed that they had came all the way here for nothing. but she wasn't gonna take it out on anyone. instead, she turned to eleven, "why did you bring us here?"

eleven went to answer, stammering over her words. but lucas decided to stop her. "arlo, don't waste your time with her."

"what do you wanna do then?" the harrington girl questioned, turning to face the sinclair boy.

"call the cops, like we should have done yesterday." lucas answered.

"we are not calling the cops!" mike jumped in.

"hey, guys?" dustin called, making arlo look at him with raised eyebrows. it seemed like she was the only one who heard him, lucas and mike starting to argue. arlo watched as dustin stepped forward, making her follow him with worried eyes. "guys!" he called again, mike and lucas looking at him.

once it had went silent, the group of five had heard sirens quickly approaching them. they then saw two cops cars and an ambulance drive right past the byers house. everyone quickly connected the dots, all them getting on their bikes before they rode off. they followed behind the ambulance, making sure to leave some room so that they wouldn't be seen. mike and el was in the front, followed by arlo, lucas, and then dustin. as they rode behind the ambulance, arlo quickly realized where they were heading. sattler quarry. she pumped her legs to try to keep up with mike, eleven looking back at her.

when they got there, they all saw how many cop cars were in front of the quarry. arlo swallowed the rock in her throat as her, eleven, and the boys all hid behind a firetruck, peering around it so that they could see. they watched as a deputy pulled a body onto a raft, another one starting to pull the raft back to land. arlo stepped back slightly, going to stand next to dustin to get a better look. her heart dropped when she saw the familiar jacket.

"it's not will. it can't be." mike mumbled, not wanting to believe it. eleven had given him hope that they would find his best friend. that couldn't be will.

the deputies lifted the raft from out of the water, the party plus eleven getting a closer look at the body. arlo shook her head slightly as tears started to cloud her vision.

"it's will. it's really will." lucas confirmed, his eyes watering.

mike moved away from the firetruck, no longer wanting to see the scene in front of him. arlo watched him closely, sensing the hurt that was coursing through his body. out of the whole party, he had known will the longest. he had known him since kindergarten. arlo wiped the tears that had fallen from her cheeks, sniffling as she thought about the time will came up to her on her first day of school in first grade.

"mike. . ." eleven started, placing her hand on mike's shoulder.

the wheeler boy quickly slapped her hand off, making the girl flinch. "'mike'? 'mike,' what? you were supposed to help us find him alive. you said he was alive! why did you lie to us? what's wrong with you? what is wrong with you?"

"mike. . ." eleven said in a hushed voice, her eyes starting to water.

"what?" mike asked harshly, looking at her with raised eyebrows. when she didn't answer, he walked over to his bike.

"mike, come on. don't do this, man." lucas tried, his voice breaking as he tried to hold back tears. "mike."

"mike, where are you going? mike!" dustin called after him, watching him pick his bike up from the ground.

"come on, mike. don't go off by yourself." arlo practically begged, tears trailing down her cheeks.

mike looked at her as he turned around, sending her a quick apologetic look before he started to walk away. his friends called after him, trying to get him to stop, but he just ignored them. arlo brought her hands up to her hair as more tears ran down her cheeks. will was really gone. and there's nothing they could do about it.

arlo went home that night with tear stained cheeks. she dropped her bike on the front lawn and entered her big home that felt so empty and lonely. the sound of the door slamming is what made steve look towards it to see his sister. he got up from the couch, clearly worried that she had gotten home so late.

"where have you been? i get that you had your stupid nerd club after school, but it's been hours, arlo." steve scolded as he walked over towards her. his anger went out the window when he saw tears running down arlo's cheeks. "arlo? what's wrong? why are you crying?" he quickly cupped her cheeks, checking to see if she had any injuries on her face.

"will. . ." arlo started, sniffling as she looked up at her brother. "they - they found his body at sattler quarry. he's dead, steve. he - he's gone." she finished, breaking down in her brother's arms.

instead of saying something, the older harrington just pulled his sister into a hug. he held her tightly as she sobbed into his chest, balling up his shirt in her fists. the two just stood there, one grieving over the death of her best friend, while the other thought about what he had did to jonathan earlier that day. he had been a dick to the byers boy all his life, but especially this week; making jokes about how he probably killed will or calling him names. he had broken the boy's camera earlier that day. he pushed all of that down to deal with later, needing to make sure that his little sister was okay.

but she was far from it.

◂ ❀ ✘ ❀ ▸

daij speaks!
heyyyyyy. didn't update yesterday cause i was exhausted for whatever reason. but here u guys go,
enjoy this very short chapter. hopefully the next one is longer :)