Arriving on Nublar

Disclaimers: The characters and the plots belong to DieHardBrendan and to their respective and rightful owners. I got authorization from DieHardBrendan to take some elements of his stories. I therefore own nothing, minus the names of my OCs.

Wisconsin – November 26, 2015

At a two story, yellow suburban house, Karen Mitchell was loading luggage in her Nissan minivan parked in the driveway. There was snow on the ground, on the roof of the house and the trees.

After she put another luggage in the van, Karen turned around. "Boys, let's do this!" Karen yelled out for her two sons Zach and Gray after she put in the luggage in the van.

At Gray's bedroom, he was checking out the slides of the dinosaurs in his Viewmaster. The room was full of toy dinosaurs and various posters. Then a knock of door came.

"Gray." Karen said through the door. Then she opened it and see her youngest son occupied by the Viewmaster.

"Honey, what're you doing? What is this here?" Karen said as she gently takes the Viewmaster away from Gray and puts on on his desk. "Let's go. Come on, honey. Your flight's in two hours." As she said that, Karen went to his bag that is on his bed.

Gray turned his chair to face his mother, who was counting his things on his bag "Dane County Airport is 36 minutes away, 60 with traffic." Gray said.

Karen was packing up Gray's things in his bag as she asked, "How many minutes to get your little butt in the van?"

Both of them smiled at each other. Then Gray got up from his chair as Karen carried his bag. "How many of those?" Karen said as she and Gray walked together. Then she asked her youngest son, "Feed the monster under the bed?"

"Yes." Gray said as Karen closed the door to his room.

Gray went outside with his gray jacket on and walked into the snow, passing by his older brother Zach and his girlfriend.

"Call me everyday and text me pics so I don't forget what you look like." Zach's blonde girlfriend said as Karen walked by them and Gray came into the van.

"I'm only be gone for a week." Zach said to his girlfriend.

"Zach." Scott Mitchell, Zach and Gray's father, who is in the driver's seat on the van, said. He sounded impatient and amused in the same time. "You're not going off to war here. Please, come on."

After hearing his father, Zach and his girlfriend looked at each other in the eye.

"I..." Zach was trying to figure out what to say for the moment, but couldn't find the right words.

"I love you." His girlfriend replied.

"...will see you later." Zach finished. His girlfriend was obviously amused of Zach's inability to say "I love you".

"Vamanos." Scott said in Spanish, trying him to hurry up.

"Bye. Okay." Zach said to his girlfriend as he was walked by her to get to the van.

"Bye." The girlfriend said to Zach.

Zach was heading to the van as Scott started the vehicle. "Coming, buddy?" Karen asked as Zach was coming to the van. Zach's girlfriend waved at him as he got into the back passenger seat. Scott and Karen look at their sons at the back seat, mainly to the sullen Zach.

"I know it hurts, sweetheart." Karen said to Zach in a sympathetic tone.

"Are you gonna okay?" Scott asked, teasing his oldest son. Zach ignored his parents' remarks by putting on his headphones. Gray smiled while in the back driver's side seat.