Before

I am Phobe Morano and my life has been an interesting one. At least I think it is. I am an only child. I have a single Mom. My Father has not been in my life at least not really. I met him a few times. Like three times but I haven't seen him since I was three. So I don't even remember meeting him. Which I'm just a bit bitter about. Like what is so wrong with me that he didn't want to be part of my life? Am I such a bad kid that he wanted pretty much nothing to do with me?

I was very sick as a small child. Which might have something to do with being born prematurely. So from being born to age three I was in the hospital a lot. Though I stopped getting sick when I was four, which is a little strange but whatever. I do not remember this time in my life because I was little but this is what my Mom has told me.

My Mom is the best she is more than I could ever ask for. She is my everything, I don't know what I would do without her. She taught and showed me so much about musical theater. If it weren't for her I would have no idea who Aaron Tveit or Sutton Foster is. I might not be into musical theater. I find this completely crazy that I could be so much different without the guidance that my Mother given me.

My life is good. It's in a pleasant and comfortable place right now. I have only a few more months left of school which is fun. In the fall I start 8th grade, which is exciting to think about. However, I should probably be focusing on what is happening currently and not the future or giving a synopsis of my life because that is a little bit weird.

Right now I'm in Latin class otherwise known as my least favorite class. At least it's the last class of the day. Then I can finally go home. Why did I pick to take Latin? Percy Jackson. That is why I take Latin. Percy Jackson took Latin in sixth grade. Even though his Latin class in the books was really just a glorified ancient Greek class that was under the disguise of being a Latin class.

"Phobe are you paying any attention to the class that I am currently teaching?" Yelled Mr. Williams.

Oh, shoot I'm dead. "Yes, Sir I'm paying attention."

"Are you sure you didn't look like you were paying attention?"

I messed up. Why did I decide to zone out in Mr. Willams's class? It's the worst class to zone out in. "Sorry, Mr.Williams I zoned out for a second but before that, I was paying attention and I'm paying attention now so you know that has to count for something."

"This is your education I can not force you to pay attention to the class that I am teaching but you are going to have to face the consequences of not taking in all of the knowledge that you can in while you are in school." Oh, well that was unexpected. I guess that I'm getting off easy. Now that has to be some sheer dumb luck.

"Though Phobe can you answer the question that I asked you while you were not paying attention."

"Absolutely Sir, I can 100% answer the question but can you repeat the question please."

"Fine but this is the last time I am doing this you hear me?"

"Yes, Mr.Williams I hear you loud and clear."

"The Greek merchant was having a fight with a farmer. Now, what would that be in Latin."

Well, I guess I didn't get off that easy. I have no clue how to say that, wait is it " Um, Mercator Graecus..." *Ring* seems like I've been saved by the bell.

If I shove my things into my bag quickly I can get out of here before he says what I know he is going to say. All I have to do is zip my bag up then I am good to go and then I'm...

"Wait Phobe can you finish the sentence before we leave."

"Sorry, Mr. Williams I have a family thing that I have to get to. Have a good day Mr. Williams, see you tomorrow."

Time to go home. It's been such a long and boring day, at least I have no homework tonight. Now that is a miracle right there. We normally have Latin homework every day. So that is lucky that I don't have homework.

I finally walk up to my Mom car and hop in.

"How was school today Phobe? Did anything fun happen today?"

"School was fine today nothing really fun or interesting happened today. Though I don't have any school work today so that's nice."

"Wait really no Latin work. You always have Latin homework."

"I know mom I was as shocked as you are."

"Honey I have work tonight I am covering Ms.Lara's classes. So what do you want for dinner we can pick it up on the way home?"

"Ooh, can we pick up some Wawa?"

"Yeah, that's fine Phobe."

"Thanks, mom you're the best." I beam.