Chapter 1 - A Friendly Face

3:59 PM; En Route to Cinderace's House, Sylveon's POV

I love it here living here. It's always so peaceful and tranquil! I'm headed for my friend's house. Cinderace invited me over for some "special reason," but she'd never state what it was. Meh, it's fine. I love surprises! Now seeing the change in sidewalk cement and color, I knew I was close. Cinderace loves to keep her place nice and neat. She was out on her front porch, sitting on a lounge chair. She's got a drink in her hand.

Seems like someone's happy, I think to myself. What could that special reason be?

"Hey, Cinderace!" I call out.

She instantly recognizes the sound of my voice and waves at me. I approach her and we go inside. A conversation about everything that isn't the special reason ensues.

"So... what's that special reason you called me over here for?" I start.

Cinderace smiles at me.

"So, someone new is coming to the neighborhood. Lucario and I met him, and he seems nice. I'm sure you two would get along.. you share a lot of the same interests. Why don't you meet him? He's pretty close by." she says.

"Sounds good to me, let's go!" I exclaim.

She signals for me to follow her. We run down the sidewalk to his house, which is actually the way I took to get here. Once we're there, I examine the house.

It's a suburban house (of course). It's has white planks and navy-blue shingles on the roof, with windows lining up on the front. There's a skylight on the roof, I wonder what that's for? Anyway,  the front area of the house is nice! This new guy's even got his own little hot tub, gleaming white lounge chairs, and a small circular glass table with two gray cushioned chairs. On top of that, he's got a modern couch on the outside leaning against the wall. All surrounded with patterned bushes.

I could go on and on, but now's not the time, is it? 

I knock on the door, and to my surprise Lucario's there (In case you somehow haven't realized by now, Cinderace and Lucario are dating. I'm just.. alone. But I manage to get by.. sure would be nice to have someone with me, though).

"Hi, Lucario! How've you been?" I ask.

"Good, I'm just helping Umbreon settle in. He's got a nice place, doesn't he?" He responds.

"Umbreon.. the new guy, I'll assume? Yeah, his place is amazing!"

"He's pretty nice, and you two share a lot of the same interests."

"Yeah, Cinderace told me that as well. Can I meet him?"

"I'll go get him, be right back...!" His voice trails off as he goes back in the house.

Soon I hear footsteps, and I see a guy coming with Lucario. He sees me, but I instantly turn away.
Why? Simple answer: As soon as I saw him, I started blushing like an idiot. I hope he didn't see that, though.. that wouldn't be good.

Wow, he's handsome, I think to myself.

Ah, I probably look rude right now. Turning away when all he was gonna do was greet me..

I hope I don't look bad now.