Chapter 2

The next day the game began. Hermionie was nervous about this, what if Draco wouldn't even look at her? He never had seen her in that way and she knew it. Honestly he probably hated her. After all she did punch him in the face that time. She didn't even know if she could talk to him. Why did she have to play that stupid game? But she would at least try, how bad could it be? It's not like she would fall in love with him or anything, but she didn't like the idea of playing him. He may be a disgusting, evil troll but he was still a person. She didn't want to hurt him. Oh, what was she thinking, she wouldn't pay attention to her. He wouldn't even know she existed if he didn't hate her. "Well no matter what happens I'm at least going to try. It's all in good fun. Right?"

  She walks into the Great Hall anxiously and shoots a flirtatious smile at Draco. He probably thinks she's ill. Hermionie Granger smiling at him? Impossible. There was something up though he didn't know what. Whatever it was it couldn't be good, Granger had an interesting mind, she was likely up to trouble. Always hanging out with Potter and the Weasley's, he wondered if they had a part in this. Whatever was going on he wasn't going to get caught up in it. They weren't worth his time anyway, all he had to do was ignore her. He shouldn't have even thought about it this much. Hermionie and her friends were just a joke.

  Hermionie sat down with Ron and Harry. "Why did you just smile at Malfoy?" asks Harry. She didn't even realize she would have to hide the game from Harry and Ron too, she definitely didn't want to lie to them. They were her best friends. She was starting to think this game was more touble than it was worth.