We had reached the cliff from where we could overlook the waterfall.

He hopped off and opened the door for me. As I got out, he picked me up, taking me by surprise and placed me on the hood of the car. I squealed and sat properly, adjusting my bum. He laughed and climbed up top. Somehow managing, he pulled his bag from the window and removed a box and placed it on my lap. He opened it and handed me a sandwich also taking one for himself.

"So why are we here?" I asked taking a bite.

"To talk about how I'm going to woo the girl." He said making my excitement die down.

"Oh," I said looking at the horizon.

"What's wrong? Aren't you happy?" He asked.

I faked a smile. "Sure, tell me what you're planning."

"My main plan is to ask her for prom where I'll ask her to be my girlfriend but before that I want to make her fall for me." He said grinning.

"That sounds like a plan." I cheered, faking it.

"But what should I do in the meantime?" He asked peering at me.

"Take her for coffee, buy her chocolates, no do something she enjoys," I said. I know this is hurting me too much, but I love him a lot. I'm going to do anything that makes him happy.

"You're right. I did some research. Well she isn't hanging out with the other guy much, she likes reading books like you, she doesn't talk much, she likes little things -"

"Wow, you know her that well?" I asked my eyes wide.

"I do, I mean I've known her for a while and I've been observing." He blushed making my heart sink.

"Oh."

"Yeah, I really hope she feels something for me. Because I know I've never felt so strongly for any girl, even Sandra." He said.

"Niall remember one thing, only the best love comes to those who wait. Promise me you won't feel bad if she doesn't reciprocate to your feelings." I said.

He looked at me, his eyebrows furrowed but nodded.

"I hope it doesn't come to that point." He said looking away.

"Yeah." I dragged the word.

"What are you thinking?" I asked, looking at his face.

"Thank you, Alana. Thanks for being there with me all the time." He shifted closer to me. "I know, I may have neglected you a lot of times because of my ex-girlfriend's, but I promise you, from now on nothing will come between you and me, I'll keep you happy, smiling always." He cupped my face making my heartbeat go erratic, a chill running down my spine. "I-I promise that in the future when things are different, I'll still be your best friend." He said and slowly leaned in. I was frozen in my place, slowly he placed a tender kiss at the end of my mouth. I shuddered.

I closed my eyes and sucked in a deep breathe at the contact. He pulled away and smiled. He intertwined our fingers and kissed my knuckles.

"So, how about home now?" I just nodded, too weak to answer.

What was that?

-------

Niall's POV

It was funny to see that Alana knows the way she is going to be asked out just not that its her. When we were near the cliff, it took every ounce of my being to not snog the shit out of her, but I remained calm. When I kissed the end of her mouth, I could feel her breathe heavily. And deep down my subconscious kept hinting that there are possibilities of her liking me. But I pushed them away and dropped her home. She was silent during the whole ride back, making me wonder why. Alana's mum, being the wonderful woman she is, forced me to stay back tonight. I obliged. During dinner, I kept taking Alana's patience to the edge by teasing her about Derek. Her dad supported me throughout, but I had to stop when she let go of the fork she was eating with and ran to her room, sniffing. I sighed.

"What do I do?" I groaned.

"Go talk to her, she will be fine."

"Yeah, I'm done with dinner anyways." I pushed the plate and stood up. I put the plate back into the sink and walked into Alana's room, to find her cuddled into her sheets.

I walked to her bed and flopped down beside her. I pulled the sheets but her grip on them was tight.

"Alana." I dragged her name.

"No." Her voice was muffled. I laughed at her childish behaviour. I tickled her feet which peeked out from under the sheets, making her squirm and loosen her grip on them. Immediately I pulled it away from her body. My fingers, as if on instinct, went to her waist and I tickled her.

"Niall-oh god- No-leave me." She laughed between gasps. I laughed and didn't stop tickling.

"Niall stop please." She had tears in her eyes, as she put in every attempt to kick me.

"Say 'I forgive you Niall and you love me'." I laughed.

She stopped squirming and looked at me dead in the eye. I stopped too, not knowing the reason of her reaction.

"I forgive you Niall and I love you." She whispered.

How long have I waited for her to say it ....

I sighed inwardly.

I slowly pulled away from my hands which were awkwardly wrapped around her waist. She rolled over, making space for me to lie down.

Before I removed my shoes, I locked the door. Stripping out of my T-shirt and jeans, now only in my boxers, I crawled up the bed beside her. Slowly, laying down, I wrapped my arms around her frail body, her back to me.

"I'm sorry Lana." I felt her sigh as she shook her head.

"I know, you hate being teased." I snuggled into her neck. Never did I feel a shiver run down my spine, but just by mere feeling the soft skin of her neck. Tightening my grip on her, I inhaled deeply and snuggled deeper into her neck. I know I'm crossing boundaries and there are so many chances that she would turn right now and slap me. But it still didn't stop me. There was this sudden run of emotions inside my nerves and I didn't want it to stop.

"Alana," I whispered. She turned, slowly and steadily still in my arms. Her face was inches away from mine and I could feel her heavy breath fanning my face.

"What are you doing Niall?" She asked, her voice barely heard.

"I don't know," I said, nudging my nose with hers. I wish I could kiss her.

"I don't like Derek." She said looking me into the eyes. My gaze flickered to her lips as she swiped her tongue over them. I gulped and looked up.

"That's great." I smiled.

She gulped and nodded making our noses brush again. She giggled.

"Let's go to sleep yeah?" I asked. She nodded and turned again. I shook my head knowing it's her attempting to be the little spoon.

I wish I could say it out loud.

I love you Alana Greyson, I love you so much.

---------

Hi people, sorry for the late update, I've been busy lately. Anyways how was this chapter? Also...

Thanks for reading my book and giving it votes, thank you so much.

-Pre xx