"i love her, Steve." - s.h

Start from the beginning

"i'll see you tomorrow Steve, i have to go meet Lauren at the front of the mall." you said, pulling away slightly so his hands fell off your waist. "no please don't leave me" he said, pulling you back into his arms and putting his head in your neck, kissing it. "cmon Stevie. i promised her" you said, stroking the back of his neck. after a few minutes of him not letting go, a customer came in and he was forced to do his job and serve the customer as Robin had went into the back. you gave him a quick kiss before walking around the counter and walked to the front of the mall.

you and Lauren did your shopping and when home about twenty minutes before closing time. you gave Lauren a lift home to her house then went back to yours. obviously it was going to be a quiet evening so you went upstairs and did your nightly routine before grabbing a blanket, snacks, and a drink before sitting down on the sofa and turning on the TV. you flipped through the channels and saw that 'Dirty Dancing' was playing. (a/n i know Dirty Dancing came out in 1987 but i'm making it that it came out in 1984). you clicked on the channel and started watching the movie, alone.

Steve and Robin were in his car, he was driving Robin to her house. "so Steve. i'm sorry i've taken you away from y/n but i really need to get this off my chest" Robin said, fiddling with her fingers. Steve noticed this and became concerned. "Robin it's okay. you can tell me anything. i'm not gonna judge" he said, giving her a smile, showing her whatever she was about to say, was okay. she let out a breath she didn't know she had as they pulled up to her house. Steve stopped the car and he turned to her. "so. i-i just feel like i need you to say this because it'll eat me alive if i don't" she said, now making eye contact with Steve.

"it's okay Robin. just take your time" he said in a comforting tone. "i love her, Steve" she said, turning back away from him, a few tears falling down her face. "i'm confused. who are you talking about?" Steve replied, a confused look all over his face. his eyebrows were furrowed and his mouth was slightly open. "y/n Steve. i'm falling in love with her" she said, tears laced in her throat. he was shocked. his best friend was falling in love with his girlfriend? "wait Robin. y/n? as in my girlfriend y/n?" he said, trying to make sure she was talking about you.

"yes Steve, who else am i talking about?" she said, turning to him. "Robin what? why would you fall in love with her when you know she's my girlfriend. that's kinda shitty." he said really hurt. Robin was embarrassed. "i'm sorry Steve, i didn't mean for it to happen but she's just so amazing and she shows me love and i've never been loved before" she said, sobbing. he felt hurt, confused and guilty. "she loves you Steve and i'm so jealous of you two. i dream that it's me she's hugging and not you and i'm so sorry but i love her, Steve. and i'm so sick of keeping it to myself" she said, more tears falling down her face.

"i want her to be my girlfriend and i want to be the one to kiss her, love her, hug her and i hate you Steve for being her boyfriend" she shouted. all her feelings fully out in the open now. Steve looked at Robin, more shocked that she's just said that. she opened his car door and got out. she slammed the door and Steve was sat there a blank expression on his face. how did she fall in love with you and why is this all coming out now? he finally got out of his thoughts and decided to go to your house. your house was about twenty minutes from Robin's so he drove to yours.

he finally arrived to your house and saw you sat in your living room watching the TV. he smiled as soon as he saw you. he parked his car on your driveway and went to the front door. he knocked lightly and waited for you to open the door. once you opened the door, your face instantly brightened and you smiled when you saw Steve. "Stevie" you said, pulling him into your house. he stopped your from walking into the living room and he just hugged you. "Steve? what's wrong?" you said as he started to shake a bit. he was crying. he didn't reply for a bit as the tears kept falling. you stroked his hair and kissed his hair.

"Steve baby, what's the matter hun. talk to me" you said, worried that something terrible had happened. "Robin" he said weakly. what had happened to Robin? was it bad? "what happened to Robin?" you said, trying to get to the bottom of the issue. "she loves you." he said, pulling away from your neck, looking down at your face. his eyes which were once bright were now dull and bland. "she wanted me to speak to her today so she could tell me that she loves you and that she hates me for being with you" he said, calming down a bit but had a few tears still falling down his face. "oh Steve. is that why you're here now? i was wondering what you were doing here" you said wiping the tears that were on his face.

"i was going to come over after seeing her anyway but now i'm in a bad mood and i'm sorry but i don't know why she would say that to me." he said, the tears kept falling and he looked down at the ground. you gave him a sympathetic smile. "oh Steve. you know nothing would happen between me and Robin and she probably just said that because she's upset. don't worry okay? you guys will be talking by Monday" you said, your hand on his cheek as he looked back at you. "i know but i'm just sad" he said, putting his head back into your neck. you stood there for a while, hugging each other. after a couple of minutes, you pulled away and walked to the sofa. you sat down them pulled him on top of you. you played with his hair he was hugging your waist. you loved when Steve was like this (well not sad but him laying on you). he was quiet and still for a while.

"you don't need to worry baby. it'll be okay" you said, looking down at him. "i'm sorry for crying. it's stupid" he said, his eyes still focused on the TV. "what Steve. it's fine. stop. everyone needs to cry sometimes and i'm glad it was in front of me. it means i can baby you all i want" you joked, laughing but still stroking his hair. you loved his hair. he looked up at you and smiled, "i love you y/n" he said, kissing your arm. "i love you more" you replied, stroking his cheek slightly.

———————————————————————————

HEY QUEENS! how did you find this imagine??

here is the outfit i was describing btw how cute is it 😍