Chapter 1

Bhaskar times has organised a story writing competition, the winner will get a chance to work in the organisation as an intern. This was a huge opportunity for students who wish to pursue a career in journalism. Imlie heard this news from her professor who encouraged her students to participate in this competition.

Why did babusaheb didn't tell me about this competition, Imlie thought

I will participate and surprise him after the results are announced.

Bhaskar times had outlined three topics based on current hot topics like Sports, Film & National News. The participants had to write on all three topics and submit these stories within a week.

Imlie began to research on these three topics, outlined the story and had written the draft of the 1st story.

Imlie looked at her watch and realised she's getting late. She hurried to Tripathi Niwas & faced AKT who was waiting for her.

Babusaheb bombarded Imlie with questions & after giving her his usual lengthy speech when he deemed Imlie was not behaving as he wanted her to, he retired back to his study.

She heard the Tripathi clan discussing how stressed AKT is nowadays & how Imlie is just increasing his stress.

Imlie went back to her makeshift room dejected. After the reveal that Imlie was in fact AKTs first wife and not a maid she was given this room which originally was a 2nd store room.

She continued with her work and by dinner she had finished writing draft of her 2nd story. She went to kitchen got herself a plate and went back to her room.

She was not in speaking terms with Tripathi clan & the one person whom she spoke is now behaving like a child. Tripathi's wanted them to get divorce & AKT to marry Malini Didi. AKT refused to listen to his family & they stopped speaking to them.

This competition felt blessing in disguise to her, if she got this internship she could start earning. With that thought in mind, she started writing draft for her 3rd story.