He slams his car door shut and starts to walk towards the school building, tossing his lit cigarette to the side.

All the girls that were leaning on their cars stare at him. They each whisper to each other and twirl strands of their permed hair.

I decided now was a good time to make my way to first period English. When I step through the gates of hell -the front doors- I notice Nancy talking with her friends. She looks at me and we send each other small smiles before she turns back and continues her story.

I keep walking and make awkward eye contact with Jonathan, who is standing by his locker. We both send each other awkward smiles.

I pass Steve and he says, "Hey, Cass."

"Hey," I mumble, walking passed him to my class. Steve, Jonathan, Nancy and I have been through a lot the past year, and in all honesty, I trust all three of them with my life. I turn left and walk into my classroom, going straight to my seat in the very back. I drop my black bag on the floor and slide into my seat.

The bell rings and everyone rushes into the classroom. The teacher goes straight to the front of the room when the new boy steps through the room's threshold.

"Class, I would like to introduce a new student. His name is William Hargrove-" she's cut off by the boy. "Uh, Ma'am, I like to be called Billy." She nods to him in understanding and continues, "Billy is our new student. I would like each of you to treat him with kindness and respect and make him feel at home in Hawkins. Billy, you can sit on the left of Cassidy, in the back. She's the small, blonde," She points to me and I slightly lower my head.

He looks at me with a smirk and slides into the desk next to me. Instinctively, I pull on my left flannel sleeve, double checking to see if my tattoo is covered.

Mrs. Young starts her lesson, and I immediately tune out, already knowing what she's about to talk about. In Hawkins Lab, I was taught proper English and other subjects. At the age of 15, I technically became a high school graduate, but Hopper said it would be better for me to go to school. Eleven, however, had to stay home because of her lack of speech skills. El is also at higher risk with the "bad men." Eleven has a harder time controlling her powers. Speaking of powers, I have telekinesis and astral projection. Eleven can do this too and if we hold hands, we can do it together.

"So, Cassidy, she always talk this much?" Billy whispers, leaning over.

I glance at him then at the teacher, who is writing on the chalkboard. "Most of the time, but I just tune her out."

He laughs quietly at my comment, turning back to the teacher.

—————

4th period Science

I walk into Chemistry and sit at my lab table. Everyone comes in and sits with their partners at their tables. I glance at the seat to my left, which is where my partner would sit, if I had one.

Everyone gets settled in their seats and the infamous new kid walks in.

Mr. Tanner escorts Billy. "Billy, you can sit with Cassidy. She's the little, blonde girl in the back," He tells him. I frown, annoyed that everyone refers to me as little.

Billy smirks and walks toward me, setting his bag on the floor as he climbs onto the stool beside me.

"We meet again," he winks at me. A small smile forms on my face as I look towards the front of the class.

"You don't talk much, do you?" He asks, blue eyes staring deep into my soul.

"I do. I just don't know what to talk about," I shrug, my green eyes glance at him before going back to looking at the front of the room.