ONE

A/N - I have no idea why I put a dog up there, but everyone likes dogs right?

" Good Morning Sophie!" 

Sophie groaned.  

Today was her 1st day of school at Foxfire High.

She had just moved from Milwaukee, Wisconsin to Los Angeles, California and she didn't know anyone.

She got out of bed and brushed her teeth, saving everyone from her terrible morning breath.

She went over to her dresser mirror to brush her long blond hair. She curled it and went to see what shoes to wear.

" What shoes... converses or sneakers?" 

She eventually decided on black converses, a white tank top and ripped jeans.

She rushed downstairs and sat down at the breakfast table, where her adoptive parents, Grady and Edaline were eating breakfast.

" How do I look?" Sophie asked, helping herself to a generous amount of bacon and eggs.

" Excellent sweetie. The bus comes in 5 minutes!" Edaline said cheerfully.

" Be careful kiddo. Ground rules - NO BOYS!" Grady said.

Sophie laughed. " I know Dad!" She said.

Sophie could here the bus outside.

She grabbed her blue book bag and ran to the bus.

She thought the bus would be dirty like her other bus but no, it was clean and pristine.

That's surprising. Sophie thought.

 Sophie climbed up the bus steps and feverishly walked through the bus looking for a seat.

It was silent and then she heard a boy say " Move" and Sophie walked to the seat with the boy in it. 

" You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. " Sophie replied.

" What your name?" The boy asked.

" Sophie Foster. I just moved here." She said

" I'm Dex, nice to meet you! What grade are you in? Maybe we're in the same grade!" Dex said.

" I'm in ninth." Sophie replied.

" Me too!" He said excitedly.

She didn't know him that well yet, but she thought she and Dex would be great friends.

*********

Sophie looked over her schedule.

Homeroom, Theater, Math, World History, Study Hall, PE, Science and Chemistry.

Her homeroom teacher was Mr. Emery.

She sighed and started walking towards Homeroom.

Too late, she realized she was lost.