Little Brothers

The sound of an eclectic violin filled the room where a young purple masked turtle was hard at work. Donatello always needed music to work, it helped him focus on his projects as well as block out the noise of his very loud brothers, and this eclectic violinist was probably his favorite.

He hummed the tune as he worked at the desk in the corner of his laboratory, his lab was in what used to be a very old subway control room, it gave him a good amount of space with everything cleared out along with computer parts and plenty of monitors.

However, a computer wasn't his main project this time, this time it was something that was going to help them find the foot clan, and Donnie was almost done with the device before his younger brother came in unannounced.

"Yo Donnie!!" Mikey yelled causing Donnie to stop the music coming from the sound system he build himself.

"Why are you yelling Mikey?" he asked as the younger one then spoke.

"Well you always have your music on super loud so it's hard to get your attention"

"My music isn't that loud, but it has to be louder so I don't have to hear your cartoon all the time"

"That's an insult to Dragon Sphere, and it's an Anime! Not a cartoon!" Mikey said crossing his arms as Donnie sighed and then asked.

"Well, then why are you in here? If you're not watching your show then what do you need?"

"Oh, well I just finished the season and April is bringing me the rest of the series today but I'm bored so I came to see what you were up to" the younger turtle said with a smile

"Great," the older turtle said with sarcasm in his voice as he turned back to his desk as his youngest brother peered over his shoulder about to speak before being stopped due to a loud voice causing the two to turn to the door.

"It's not fair!" the voice belongs to no other than Raphael.

"It is too fair! I'm the oldest and the leader, that's why sensei left me in charge as he's out on his meditation trip for the day!" the second voice was their oldest brother Leonardo, and by the sound of it, their voices were getting closer to the lab.

"No one cares about you being leader splinter jr!" Raph said as he slammed the door of the lab opened and walked inside with Leo close behind.

"Well, I'm sure they care!" Leo pointed at the younger two.

"I could really care less right now," Donnie said putting the last of parts in place as the two older brothers started bickering more and more causing Donnie to sigh. "Welp there goes my quiet afternoon and I'm out of coffee"

"Donnie what did you make?" Mikey asked with a smile across his face.

"For once I'm glad you asked Mikey" he stood up from his chair before clearing his throat to also get the two stubborn brothers to listen. "This is a Deoxyribonucleic acid tracer," he said proudly crossing his arms as all of his brothers looked at him and the device like lost children. The device was about the size of a small microwave decorated with tubs, buttons, and wires.

"We don't understand your dumb science talk," Raph said making Donnie sigh and then speak.

"It's a DNA tracker, I made it so if we got even a piece of fabric from the foot clan we could track them to their hideout," he said regaining his confidence as he talked.

"Woah so cool Donnie! Oh hey, what does this do?" Mikey asked as he pushed a button on the device.

"Wait Mikey don't touch that!!" Donnie yelled as the device started to move and the lab became filled with a bright light.