𝐨𝐧𝐞 - 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐨𝐦

Start from the beginning

"it's not the demogorgan." lucas assured.

"an army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" mike yells as he slammed down a figurine onto the table.

"troglodytes?" dustin repeated.

"told ya." lucas said in a mocking manner before he chuckled.

"wait a minute. do you hear that? that - that sound? boom. . . boom. . . boom!" mike mumbled before he yelled out the last part and slammed his hand onto the table, scaring the three other boys. "that didn't come from the troglodytes. no, that. . . that came from something else." it went silent for a few seconds, dustin, will, and lucas looking at each other. dustin even turned to look at arlo, who shrugged. "the demogorgan!" mike yelled as he slammed another figurine onto the table.

the three other boys groaned while arlo silently laughed, closing the comic book.

"we're in deep shit." dustin complained.

"will, your action!" mike demanded, looking at the byers boy.

"i don't know!" will said.

"firebal him!" lucas suggested.

"i'd have to roll a 13 or higher!" will reminded.

"too risky. cast a protection spell." dustin told him.

"don't be a pussy. fireball him!" lucas repeated.

"cast protection."

mike slammed his hands onto the table. "the demogorgan is tired of your silly human bickering! it stomps toward you. boom!"

"fireball him!" lucas yelled.

"another stomp, boom!" mike announced.

"cast protection." dustin said.

"he roars in anger!"

this then led to lucas and dustin yelling over each other while will tried to figure out what he wanted to do. he looked over to arlo for help, but once again, all she did was shrug. she usually jumps in and helps the boys, but this was a tough decision to make. will sucked in a deep breath as he grabbed ahold of the die, shaking them in his hands before he threw them onto the table.

"fireball!" he yelled.

instead of the die stopping on the table, they rolled off and to the floor before disappearing out of the boys' sight.

"oh, shit!" dustin cursed as he shot up from his chair.

"where'd it go?" lucas asked, basically throwing himself onto the floor.

will and mike joined him in looking for the die, dustin starting to pace. arlo watched in amusement as the boys panicked, her eyebrows raised as a smirk started to pull at her lips.

"is it a 13?" dustin questioned, still pacing.

"i don't know!" will answered.

"where is it?" lucas then asked.

arlo's eyes shifted over from the three boys on the floor to the one who was pacing. her eyes followed him back and forth as he mumbled "oh, my god" over and over again. dustin had brought his hands up to cover his ears, either adding onto his panic or trying to calm himself down - arlo couldn't tell in that moment.

"mike!" the voice of karen wheeler called, making arlo look from dustin and over to the boy in question.

"mom, we're in the middle of a campaign!" he told her as he looked up at her, being on his knees.

"you mean the end? fifteen after." mrs.wheeler corrected.

mike quickly got up from the floor and ran up the stairs, probably to beg his mom to let them finish the campaign. once she finds out that they've been down there for ten hours, she was definitely gonna say no.