Chapter 2

The meta-crisis sauntered into the hotel room, and sat on the bed closest to the window. He looked out and saw the only people currently in his life drive away. A tear slid down his cheek, making him feel even more alone. No one wanted to speak to him, let alone comfort him.

He felt like curling up in a ball and having a breakdown similar to one of a teenage girl. So, he did just that. Besides, there wasn't anyone around to judge him for it. Lying down, he let his head sink into the pillow, tears flowing in a steady stream.

...

Rose rested her head on the cool window. Guilt dominated her thoughts. Could she really leave him alone for a week? Could she stand being without him for a week, knowing she could be with him? These thoughts drifted her into a deep sleep, letting her forget about the problems that had recently risen within her life.

"Rose, sweetheart, wake up." Jackie slightly shook Rose's shoulder until she awoke. She groggily stepped out of the car and entered her home, immediately going to her room. She intently listened to the mumble of voices coming from the kitchen downstairs. Rose once again fell asleep, letting the exhaustion overcome her.

Sorry it's so short, but I have to get to bed. I'll try to update as soon as possible.