He had maintained his patience and waited at Buddha's Feet but when Wei Lin showed up, telling them how dangerous the situation had gotten, both of them jumped up and hurried there, worried about their disciples.

"A-Ling!", Jiang Cheng called.

Jin Ling, whose soul was almost sucked out, was fine now and stood properly, "Uncle!"

Seeing his nephew safe, he calmed down. Then he scolded, "Didnt you bring signal firelights with you? Dont you know to use them when meeting something like this? What are you pretending to be strong for? Come over here!"

Jin Ling was also angered from not capturing the goddess. "You were the one who said i had to catch it! And that if i didnt, i shouldnt go see you!"

Jiang Cheng scowled and turned to the crowd. "What on earth could it be, beating you up so?"

One cultivator, among the ones disguised to look after Jin Ling, stammered out, "Sect, Sect Leader, its...its Wen Ning.."

"What did you say?"

They repeated, "Wen Ning is back!"

Shock, anger and disbelief all crossed Jiang Cheng's face. "How..How could it be back? That thing was ground to dust long ago."

"It really is Wen Ning! I couldnt have mistook it!", the cultivator cried, pointing behind Jiang Cheng, "He was the one who summoned it!"

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji were still staring at eachother. Instantly, they became the center of attention. Jiang Cheng also looked to them.

After a moment, a sneer made it way onto Jiang Cheng's face. His left hand started to unconsciously stroke his ring again, speaking softly "Well, well. So you're back."

He let go of his hand and a long whip dangled from the ring.

The whipe was slender full of purple lightning that sizzled. As it brandished, it seemed to let out rapid slashes of lightning.

Before Wei Wuxian moved, Lan Wangji had already placed his zither in front of him. With a stroke, it was as if a rock had created thousands of waves in water. The sound has created ripples in the air, colliding with Zidian.

Wei Wuxian waited for his chance and sprinted off. Sure enough, Jiang Cheng slashed out again, hitting Wei Wuxian in the center of his back. "How amazing! You really can do anything when youre from a powerful clan, huh!"

Jiang Chen was shocked. One unique power of Zidian was that, if it hit someone who seized another's body, their soul and physical form would immediately separate. Yet, Wei Wuxian was still moving properly and running after he was hit.

Wei Lin went to help Wei Wuxian up, ignoring the looks from Lan Wangji and Jiang Cheng. Jiang Cheng prepared to whip him again when Lan JingYi intervened, "Sect Leader Jiang, this should be enough. It was Zidian, right?"

Jiang Cheng still couldnt accept the fact that it wasnt Wei Wuxian, "Who are you?", he shouted.

Someone answered for him, "This is Mo XuanYu. He was a foreign disciple of the Jin Sect. But he was kicked out for harassing a peer and also..anyways, I've heard that he lost his marbles."

"And also what?", Jiang Cheng asked.

"He.."

Someone else answered for him, "He harassed a male peer...hes a cut-sleeve!"

Jiang Cheng's eyebrow twitched in disgust. There was definitely no way this was Wei Wuxian then. Before he was the Yiling Patriarch, he was known for charming and flirting with the girls. Nobody had heard that he was also into men. Wei Wuxian definitely wouldnt have chosen a lunatic cut-sleeve who rode a donkey!

Still Jiang Cheng wasn't fully convinced. With one gesture, his servants moved to grab Wei Wuxian. He in turn hid behind Lan Wangji. "Are you going to continue to interfere, Second Young Master Lan?", Jiang Cheng sneered.

Wei Wuxian couldn't help but try and disgust the Yunmeng Sect Leader, "If you keep trying to capture me, I might get the wrong idea! You're certainly not my type!"

Above almost all things, losing when being compared to someone was what Jiang Cheng hated most. "Oh really? Then what, pray tell, would be your type?"

Wei Wuxian saw his chance to disgust two in one shot, "Hm? Well, I like men like Hanguan-Jun!" , earning a bellow of laughter from Wei Lin. "Poor Sect Leader Chen-chen! Even the lunatic doesn't want you!"

Jiang Cheng glared at the younger twin," I told you not to call me that!"

Lan Wangji turned to face Wei Wuxian with a sharp glare, "Mark your words." Lan Wangji didn't tolerate any type of promiscuity, as was one of his sect's many rules.

(A cut sleeve is a homosexual, in case you didn't know)