He had no idea what the flags did or were for. He got addicted to stealing his cousins talismans and magic tools, and he would always itch to take odd items like this. Therefor, when the owners of the flags were busy, he quietly took one.

Wei Wuxian raised his wrist and sure enough, one of the cuts on his right arm had healed.

Madam Mo turned to the Lan Clan boys and screeched, "And you! You bunch of useless fools! You cultivate and ward of evil spirits, but you cant even protect him! A-Yuan is still a child!"

The Lan Clan boys were still young. They hadnt been outside Gusu much and were too inexperienced to find anything wrong with the area, which was why they felt sorry for not detecting an evil being as fierce as this one. They held their tongues, as was the rules of Cloud Recesses. The Gusu Lan Clan was extremely strict to its disciples, forbidding violence against the powerless man, not even allowing disrespect. Therefore, even if they were displeased, they had to keep everything down.

However, Wei Wuxian couldnt stand it no longer. He spat and spoke loudly, "Who do you think youre taking your anger out on? Do you really see them as your servants? They traveled far to come here and exorcise evil spirits for you without taking a penny. Do they owe you anything? How old is your son? He should be at least seventeen, and so, how is he still a child? How young of a child does he have to be to not understand basic human language? Did they or did they not tell him to not touch anything in the flag formation and not approach the West Courtyard? Your son snuck outside at night on his own. Is it my fault? Or is it his?"

The boys let out a breath of air, faces not so dark anymore.

Madam Mo was beyond reason at this point. She had a habit of ordering her husband around and so she knocked him, "Call everyone! Call everyone inside!"

Even so, her husband was in a trance. Possibly because he just lost his son, he went as far as to push her away. It caught Madam Mo by surprise and she fell stumbled back.

She never even had to hit him before. He usually did whatever she said without hesitation. Madam Mo clutched her chest and spoke in a trembling voice, "You...you...you get out of here as well!"

Two servants escorted their master outside. The East Hall was in chaos.

Yiling

Wei Ziyou pulled out the other talisman hooked to Wei Wuxian's life force, a talisman that would lead him to his brother. He heard that the Lan Clan disciple were in Mo Village so he'd head there and hopefully run into Huangaung-Jun.

Mo Manor

Just as Wei Ziyou got to the village, the group from the Lan Clan were leaving, along with Haunguang-Jun. Wei Ziyou's face lit up and he rushed over. "Lan Wangji!", he called, pulling out the talisman that glowed. He waved it in front of him. "Its him!", he panted. He had all but ran to the village, in hopes of finding Lan Wangji. The white and blue clad cultivator stared at the talisman before asking, "Are you sure?" Wei Ziyou nodded, confirming, "It has to be him. Nobody else is tied to the talisman."

Lan Wangji nodded and gestured for Wei Lin to follow, which he gladly did, a smile on his face the whole time.

Wei Wuxian slid two fingers into his spirit-locking bag, about to take something out, when suddenly, the blue glare of a sword slashed out like lightning. It collided with Jin Ling's sword, breaking the powerful sword's golden rays in an instant.

In the cultivation world, this sword was one of the most famous ones. Wei Wuxian had experienced its powers countless times, on both sides of battle. The hilt was forged from pure silver that had been refined with secret techniques. The blade of the sword was extremely thin, almost transparent, sending forth the cold breaths of ice and snow.