52. {carpooling with steve}

Start from the beginning

suddenly, there was a deafening beep coming from outside the house.

"shit!" the girl cursed.

"they're here!" daniel davis called out in a taunting manner.

"i know!" matilda yelled in the same sarcastic tone. she groaned in aggravation before she grabbed her new minolta x-700 camera and gently positioned it around her neck, beside the necklace that will gifted to her in '83.

she swiftly slipped her fire logo and gun charm bracelet on and departed out her bedroom door.

her bedroom had glossy photos and a few shares of polaroids scattered around. she hung them up after the battle of starcourt mall so that she could always see the people she treasured.

there were many of her and daniel, her and slater and young pictures of her and will. there were a couple of pictures of her with each member of the party and the babysitters club. she even had a photo up of joyce byers and jim hopper holding her as a baby.

there was another of her as a baby. but this one was her, will byers and sarah hopper in separate cots. they were all born within a few weeks of each other, which made the joyce byers, rosalita garcia and james hopper extremely happy.

tilly didn't really have much memory of sarah, as she and her family moved to new york when she was 2. in addition, the girl sadly passed at 7 years old.

carefully, she made her way down the stairs - not wanting to damage the camera in any way. steve harrington and her father teamed up to purchase it for her at christmas and it was the most valuable thing she owned.

that same steve harrington was outside, slamming his car horn and signalling to the girl she should leave the house now.

"i'll see you later dad." tilly explained as she made it to the door.

"majo!" daniel called out.

when tilly turned, she saw he was holding her red converses. the girl sighed and chuckled.

"what would i do without you?" she smiled as she caught the items.

"we'll never know." daniel shrugged.

"bye, love you!" tilly made sure to constantly tell people she loved them, as she soon realised she never knew when they would be gone.

"love you too."

with her shoes in her hands and white socks protecting her feet, tilly ran over to steve's brown bmw. before she could even enter, the boy leaned out of the passenger's window.

"come on! we don't have all day." he clamoured.

"i'm here, cool your jets." tilly scoffed. she flung the back door open and slid inside. after she shut the door, she leaned forward to her two older friends.

"morning!"

"took your time." robin buckley joked, throwing her back a granola bar.

"late as always." steve harrington added as he started up the car.

"i forgot today was your day." the girl shrugged while pulling on her shoes. he and daniel took turns from monday to friday to drop her off and pick her up from school.