➛⠀𝟯𝟲 | 𝗔𝗥𝗖𝗔𝗡𝗡𝗔 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗔𝗪𝗢𝗟

Start from the beginning

Adam furrowed his eyebrows in bewilderment. "Because you want me to make a purchase at a shop in the other town."

"Because I like it better than the ones here."

Adam wanted to respond to the argument, but he kept quiet. He sighed in defeat since he lacked the energy to debate with his mother about some wine. "Fine," Adam grumbled. Arcanna smirked and watched Adam leave before approaching you. "(Y/n), dear!"

"Yeah?" You stood up straight and faced Adam's mother.

"I would like to show you something. Would you care to join me?"

You looked for Adam, but he was nowhere to be found. When Arcanna saw that you were searching for her son, she smiled at you. "Oh, don't you worry about Adam. I gave him some errands that he needs to complete." Arcanna took hold of your shoulders and pushed you into a room gently while grinning. When Arcanna entered the room, the door was already locked, so you couldn't turn back to look outside.

As you turned to look around, you noticed that the chamber was stuffed with antiques and that the vines and roots on the walls were dark. A symbol-filled image with the name 'RUNES' was also evident.

As you continued to study the image, you became aware of a mirror and discovered a woman peering back at you in it while donning the identical tiara you always wear when you overuse your powers. When she looked directly into your eyes, you flinched, but you quickly turned around to see Arcanna's appearance have changed. "What is going on, Arcanna?" You asked.

"You have no idea how long I waited to finally meet the third Maximoff."

The voice of Arcanna eventually became familiar to you as if she turned the spell off to conceal her real voice. You exhaled and took a step back. As soon as Arcanna noticed the awareness in your eyes, her smile turned instantly sinister. "Remember me now?"

"Y-Your voice..." You stuttered. "The voice in my head..."

You felt as though you were being lifted up and dragged toward Arcanna when all of a sudden your feet and wrists were shackled together. Arcanna halted you right in front of her without any hesitation. When Arcanna raised her arm, you could see the same psychic energy surrounding her hand that you did, but it was yellow instead of blue. Her fingers were covered with black substances which you have never seen before.

Arcanna smiled sinisterly. "Lovely to finally meet you, dear."

°•○●○•°

"Anything?" Chase worriedly asked, waiting for Alex to say something helpful about Gert's condition. While you were gone yesterday night, Gert and Old Lace became really ill, and this morning they are still feeling terrible.

Alex sighed. "Well, according to WizMD, she's either got mercury poisoning or Parrot Fever. Which I'm pretty sure only affects birds, so probably not that?"

"No, though maybe that," Chase stated as he walked towards Alex. "Because theropods have a lot of bird-like characteristics. Gert and I have been debating this for a while."

Chase sighed heavily while Alex stared up at him. "Look, Chase, it's gonna be okay." He tried to reassure his friend.

"Is it? Because the most important person in the world to me is in pain and..." Chase sucked in a deep breath. "Look, I wouldn't be saying this unless I was desperate, but you're the smartest one here. I need your help."

Alex nodded as he fixed his eyeglasses. "I get it. I'll keep searching."

"Thanks. Seriously."

While Alex continued to look for a way to assist Gert, Chase sat down on his bed. Alex took a quick look at his second monitor, which displays a map of Los Angeles. Alex sighed. "If it helps... I know how it feels." He told Chase, causing the blonde-haired teen to look at him. "Thinking that you're doing the right thing, and royally screwing up."