Dreaming of Death

Start from the beginning

"Ofelia, I don't think she's dead quite yet." He spoke with a sharp tone to the fairy.

"Ah, so the name of the fairy is Ofelia." Jewel mentally noted.

"What do you mean? How did a LIVING person end up here? That doesn't make any sense! You're crazy Tossarion." Ofelia screeched.

"Sorry Jewel, he always comes up with the weirdest ideas" Ofelia rolled her eyes.

"I haven't formally introduced myself, my name is Ofelia, and I've been dead for quite a while. I'm a fairy made of glass you see," she says as she taps her wing making a very brief ringing sound.

Ofelia looks to the man, "This elf looking man is my dear friend Tossarion, he-"

"Why should she know about us? I do not intend on being an acquaintance of hers." The elvish boy named Tossarion snapped.

"Tossarion! She's new here! That's very rude of you to say." Ofelia growled angrily.

Jewel still looking blank as ever finally spoke, "I don't understand. Why do you keep on insisting that I'm dead? I'm clearly alive!"

"I told you that she wasn't dead! Can't you see Ofelia? Every dead soul here has been reincarnated into some sort of mythical creature, yet why is she the only 'normal' being here? We're leaving. Her business has nothing to do with us." Tossarion spat with an icy tone.

"We can't just leave her here. There must be a reason why she's like this. Let's find out where Azula is living now! Azula always knows what to do." Ofelia begged.

Jewel gazed curiously at the two beings, were they really dead? What sort of world was she in? How did she get here? The endless stream of questions that entered her mind was abruptly interrupted by strong arms sweeping her off her feet. Stunned, Jewel bit her lip and looked into a pair of emerald eyes that quickly turned away as it briefly met hers.

"Fine. We'll take her to Azula but that is all I am doing to help her." Tossarion grumbled.

Jewel's head started to pound as if a hammer was hitting her skull, the pain was too much to bear. She closed her eyes for what seemed like only a second and fell asleep tightly wrapped in Tossarion's arms.

Beep. Beep. Beep. The irritable high pitched beeping sound would not stop ringing in Jewel's ear. Beep. BAM! Jewel let out a strangled scream and jolted awake with cool sweat beads slowly running down her face. She breathed heavily while franticly looking around for her two companions. The sound of feet crunching against dried up leaves could be heard in a short distance away from her, it was Tossarion. He rushed to her side, delicately touching her dirtied hands, and spoke,

"Your scream is so loud you could wake up an entire town," he smirked, "What's the matter?"

"Didn't you hear that beeping sound?"

"No, I certainly did not." He replied.

"I couldn't have been imagining it. It was so loud and clear."

Tossarion shrugs it off.

"As long as you aren't hurt, all should be good should it not?"

"That is true I suppose. I'm terribly sorry for worrying you. Where's Ofelia?" Jewel spoke groggily

"She's sleeping up in that tree." Tossarion pointed upwards right above from Jewel's resting place. Ofelia's cute short legs and arms could be seen dangling from a fairly thick branch. Strangely enough she was still peacefully sleeping away without any indications of being interrupted.