Harry couldn't sleep anymore, so he decided to go outside. The sun wasn't up yet, so he sat by the lake to watch the sun rise behind the mountains. After some time he heard wings flapping from behind. It was Zim. "I'm sorry Sir, I know I shouldn't be here instead of making food for you, but I didn't know where to make the food, and what you eat, so I thought I would just wait for you to tell me what you want, please don't hurt me, Sir!", Harry saw anger in the bird's eyes and he was sure it was going to hurt more than ever.

Meanwhile at Hogwarts

Albus Dumbledore was furious. His instruments had stoped working, which meant either Harry Potter was gone or he had died. The brat must have died, after all, I, Albus Dumbledore ensured he couldn't run away myself, the old wizard thought. He had just lost his weapon. He would have to pay those muggles a visit to show them what happens when you piss off Albus Dumbledore!

He apparated to Privet Drive and walked to the Dursley's door. He knocked and once Petunia opened the door he walked in and told her to call her husband. "What happened to Potter?", he asked them angrily. "The little shit ran away. He's probably dead.", Vernon replied spitefully, with an evil grin. "You fool!", Dumbledore yelled, "I told you to keep him alive! You are going to suffer!". With that, he said, "Crucio", aiming his wand at Vernon emotionlessly, his screams satisfying the Headmaster. He turned to Petunia and did the same. He then said, "I am a tolerant man, but the one thing I won't stand for, is disrespect." (A/N: Of course this is a reminder of "I am a tolerant woman, but the one thing I won't stand for, is disloyalty", a sentence said by our "favourite" toad) I am too nice to those dirty muggles. With that thought he left number four, wearing a smug smile. The Dursley were now unconscious, they wouldn't wake up for the next three hours, wich meant their fat son would be crying a lot. Yes, this was truly Dumbledore's masterpiece. (A/N: Dumbledore is not evil, but the Dursleys have ruined his plans.)

Once he was back at Hogwarts he thought about what to do next. His weapon was most likely dead. He wouldn't say anything about this until the first of September 1991. He would have to think of a new plan to defeat Voldemort in order to become the greatest wizard ever, both magically and politically. If the little shit hadn't died, it would have been easy. He would just have the boy defeat Voldemort, kill him afterwards and take all the credit as his mentor. Damn those muggles.

Back with Harry

"Harry, I won't hurt you. You don't have to make food for us, besides, I prefer hunting, like many others here.", Zim said. "I don't? You do?", Harry asked in confusion. Zim nodded affirmatively. Harry's eyes widened. "But Sir, I can't hunt", he said carefully. Zim thought for a minute and said "I am going to start to teach you how to disguise yourself, until then I am going to hunt for both of us and you can cook your food over a fire". Harry looked at him in awe. He had expected to be told to hunt for himself or starve, but here was this bird who offered him to hunt for him. "Th-th-thank y-you S-Sir", he stuttered. "Please Harry, call me Zim", Zim said. Harry was taken aback by this. Never had anybody made such a nice offer to him. The Dursleys had always forced him to call them "Master" or "Mistress Dursley" or "young master Dursley", or at least "Sir" or "Ma'am", and he hadn't been allowed to talk to anyone else, he had gotten many extra beatings because he had watched TV from the entrance of the living room, or talked to other people while doing his chores. He had learned very soon not to trust adults.

"Mr. Zim?", Harry asked cautiously, "How are you going to teach me how to disguise myself?". Zim looked at him as if it was obvious. "Well, I'll teach you how to use your magic, of course.", he answered. "But magic doesn't exist, Mr. Zim.", Harry said shyly. "Of course it does, and you're a wizard hasn't anything weird ever happened  when you were angry or scared?", Zim asked. Harry started sobbing, "N-no, M-M-Master, I-I-I'm n-n-not a-a f-f-f-freak!", he cried, "P-P-Please d-d-d-don't hit me, p-please, I-I-I didn't do anything!". Zim hopped over to him, "Harry,", he started gently, "there's nothing bad about being able to do magic, there are many people like you, I can do magic myself. Who told you were a freak?". "Master Vernon and Mistress Petunia told me, Sir", Harry answered, still afraid he would be hit. Zim's eyes flashed with fury, yet his voice was as soft as ever, "Harry, even in the short time I've known you, I already know you are a wonderful child. Please, do never think of yourself like this okay?", he asked. Harry nodded. "And please, call me Zim, not ,Mr. Zim' or ,Master Zim', just ,Zim'. Now lets teach you a bit of magic, shall we?", Zim asked excitedly. "Okay, Si-, I mean Zim", Harry agreed.

When Zim started to teach Harry how to use his magic, he got troubled. Harry's magic didn't seem to work properly, he was barely able to lift a boulder, so Zim looked into Harry's mind to see what was wrong and he was shocked. Harry had many bindings on his magical core, some of which were even deadly. Who would do this to a child? "I have bad news Harry", he said, "You have magical bindings on your core. A magical core is something every magical being has, it's where their magic comes from. The bindings you have, mean that someone didn't want you to have your full magical power, rather a mere fifth of it". "Does that mean that I'm never going to be able to do magic properly?", Harry asked, close to tears. "No, we can take those bindings away, but it will hurt ", Zim answered. "That's okay, as long as I get my magic back.", Harry quickly said. "Okay, we'll do it tomorrow.", Zim said gently, with a gesture that was as similar to a nod as a bird could ever manage.

-•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•-

1850 words

I hope my English isn't too bad. Please tell me if I have made any spelling errors. I am german, so please don't be too strict.