➛⠀𝟯𝟯 | 𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗖𝗞𝗘𝗗

Start from the beginning

"No, no, it's okay," Alex reassured. "At least you don't get exhausted on using your powers now."

You gave him a small smile. "I still do. I just got used to it. I don't want to faint every time I use my powers."

"Then I'll catch you if you faint."

You playfully rolled your eyes and chucked the pillow towards Alex using your powers. Alex chuckled as he caught the pillow. While you were looking at his computer, Alex laid the pillow on his lap. "What are you working at?" You asked in pure curiosity.

"I am trying to find out how to catch AWOL," Alex replied as he glanced at his computer screen. "But I doubt you'll want to know anyway."

"It's okay. It'll get my mind off the nightmare I had earlier."

"What was your nightmare about?"

You locked your gaze on Alex for a brief minute before returning your focus to your hands. "I..." You stammered. "I destroyed the world."

Alex raised his eyebrows in surprise. "That's the first time I've heard that being your nightmare."

"Yeah, because it's new." You sighed as you dropped your face on your palms. "It felt so real, Alex. I don't know what to do."

Alex exhaled deeply through his nose before standing up with the pillow and sitting down beside you, setting the pillow down on his other side. To comfort you, he wrapped his arm around your shoulders. "It's not real, (Y/n)." He soothed. "Don't worry."

In the end, you ended up sleeping with Alex in his room and to your relief, you didn't have any nightmares. When you feel safe, comfortable, and calm, your nightmares will reduce or end. And in Alex's arms, you feel more than safe and okay.

°•○●○•°

You and your friends entered a restaurant called Simply Blossom. Livvie had suggested to the team to visit the place to eat since she mentioned the restaurant is amazing. Plus, your friends love Caribbean food. From the moment you stepped foot in the place, you couldn't deny how the food smelled so good. Molly clung her arm around yours as she grinned in delight. You were quite surprised that Gert wasn't mad or jealous that Molly is mostly clingy around you.

"Oh, my God, it smells so good," Molly commented. "Great place, Livvie."

"Oh, it was Alex's choice, but thanks," Livvie replied while smiling. You glanced and gave a gentle smile to Alex, who stood behind you. "You did?" You asked.

Alex nodded as he looked around the place. "Yeah, it's apparently very popular here, so..."

"Can we sit anywhere?" Gert asked.

Livvie nodded. "Yeah, just grab a table."

When you and the group approached a table, you and Molly turned around when the door opened. Molly's eyes widened, and you furrowed your brows. You recognized the man who walked in, as well as the other men that followed him. "Those were the guys who grabbed me," Molly stated to the group, which caused your friends' heads to swivel to look at AWOL and his men."What are they doing here?"

You watched AWOL and his men strolling to the counter and talking to the cashier lady named Sharon, complaining and harassing her about serving his food quickly.

"Who knew dirty cops like to eat clean?" Gert scoffed as she glared at AWOL and his crew.

Chase spun around to look at Alex when he came to a realization. "Wilder." He sighed. "This is not a coincidence."

You and the others turned around to face Alex, and you crossed your arms while Nico glared at him. "You tricked us?" She questioned sternly while you raised your eyebrows in disbelief and disappointment.