♡𝗔𝗻 𝗜𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁 ❥𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙏𝙬𝙤♡

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Miss (Y/LN)!" your teacher raised his voice, making you drop your hand as you closed your eyes with embarrassment.

A few students snickered amongst themselves as you turned to look at the professor with a nervous gaze.

"Do you want to be a part of this class?" he inquired sternly, his eyes so piercing that it could have made anyone cry.

And it sort of did that with you.

"Because if you don't, the door is right there," he pointed to the nearest exit.

Brian hung his head, unable to witness you being reprimanded like that.

The guitarist had just risen to his feet to try and defend you attempted to respond to your teacher.

"I do want to be a part of this class, it's just that I can't...I can't focus today, I-"

"That is not an excuse!" Professor Gheiger cut you off.

"I didn't have much sleep last night!" you retorted, almost desperate - but not because you wished to be let off.

Instead, you were desperate to be heard, in some way - because you felt as though you might have been losing your mind, and you didn't want to feel that way anymore; you didn't want to internalize the confusion.

Perhaps I really am suffering from burnout.

"That is not my problem, Miss (Y/LN)," Professor Gheiger argued. "If you want to keep up being the commendable student that you are, you're going to have to do whatever it takes - and if your performance is anything less than that, there is no place for you in my auditorium," he stated formidably before dismissing you with his gaze.

That did your emotions in, but there was no way you were going to let them see you cry.

Holding back your tears, you hastily marched over to grab your things from your seat before rushing out of the theater, keeping your head down as the tears welled up in your eyes.

The students that had previously snickered had grown sullen, not having expected Professor Gheiger to have been so cruel.

You hurried out of the lecture auditorium, and the minute you stepped outside, you began to break down - tears and all.

Brian had followed you out, a deeply sympathetic look on his face as he spotted you.

"(Y/N)," he called, pacing over to you as you covered your face. "Hey, come here," he breathed, instinctively reaching out to pull you against him.

With all the unknown frustration that had built up inside of you, all you could do was allow yourself to cry into his chest, finding a bit of comfort in the way he gently rubbed your back.

"I don't know what's happening to me, Brian!" you sobbed, completely aggravated. "I can't seem to do anything right today!"

"Hey, hey, just breathe, alright?" he whispered in a soothing manner, holding you steady. "You need to relax - I don't think you can handle the rest of your classes today,"

"Nonono, I can't miss them! I can't-"

"(Y/N), stop," he spoke, a tad bit more firmly. "You're only going to stress yourself out further if you continue to push yourself like this," he pulled away from you slightly, just so that he could look at you. "Missing today's classes won't hurt, because your attendance isn't taken for the general lectures, right?"

A shaky sigh escaped your lips as you blinked away the tears that still blurred your vision.

He was right - attendance was never significant for the general lectures, it was only ever relevant when it came to your tutorial lectures, which were the important ones.