♡𝗔𝗻 𝗜𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁 ❥𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙏𝙬𝙤♡

Start from the beginning

Your fellow female classmates were quite besotted with him, often trying to catch his eye whenever his gaze scanned the auditorium.

But, he had always been faithful to Lara, so much so, he never had eyes for anyone else.

However, none of that was important to you - all that mattered was being the student you were expected to be, only you were starting to lose grip of that goal.

"Miss (Y/LN), can you come up here and show the rest of the class the equation that you solved for last week's quiz," Professor Gheigher - your physics professor - requested, snapping you out of your thoughts.

You took in a sharp breath as you slowly returned to the present moment, understanding what and why Professor Gheigher had asked what he did.

In the previous week's quiz, you'd been the only student to have solved the core equation flawlessly, which you'd been able to achieve with the help of your constant studying and tutoring - focus, focus that you did not have at the current instance.

You were perturbed and distracted, mainly because of your lack of sleep from the night before - but there was no way you could have used that as an excuse, not in front of Professor Gheiger, at least.

If there was anyone at the university that expected the best from you, it was Professor Gheiger, and the last thing you wanted was for him to be disappointed with you.

So, even though you were barely alert, you cleared your throat and straightened your posture. In some way, it was a blessing that you were seated at the very front of the auditorium, because you didn't have to worry about any of the students looking back at you.

However, you could definitely feel their eyes burning into you from behind.

Professor Gheiger's eyes were still fixed on you as you tentatively rose from your seat.

Deciding that the best direction to move in was forward, you proceeded to walk up to him so that he could hand you the piece of chalk to use on the sizeable blackboard.

You forced a smile, but on the inside, you were a mess - a mess that even you could not understand.

It's alright, you can do this. You've done it before.

But once you were in front of the blackboard, you started to feel as though you couldn't breathe again. Beads of sweat started forming along your forehead as you raised your hand to start writing down the first half of the equation.

Your throat had suddenly gone dry, and your mind felt foggy, yet you pushed yourself to concentrate.

It's just one question.

Just then, a painfully vivid image flashed through your mind, making you freeze. It was a fleeting moment, but it was a horrific glimpse of a demonic clown - which had happened to be a fear of yours.

Even if you had thought demonic clowns weren't one of your fears, they certainly were now.

A gasp escaped your lips when you heard your name being whispered in your ear again, causing you to shut down.

You stood there, chalk still frozen in place against the blackboard's surface, your face pale with anxiousness.

It was as though you'd been rendered catatonic by an unanticipated wave of anxiety.

"Miss (Y/LN)?" Professor Gheiger questioned upon noticing your state of apparent catatonia.

At that, you managed to return to your senses - but you were still quite staggered by everything that you'd just experienced.