Childhood Friends: Fred X Reader

Start from the beginning

-Fifteen Years Old-

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The school I would've started at if we hadn't gone to the states. Yet here I am going to the school for the first time at fifteen. I move my h/c hair out of my face as I get off the train. I look around and glance at the picture of the person who is to meet me here. "Ye must be Y/n I'm Hagrid it's nice ta meet ya," a male voice says. I look up and see a guy who looks just like the picture and I smile. "Yup that's me It's nice to meet you too," I say smiling. We then head to the school as Hagrid fills me in on everything. We head to Dumbledore's office and he sorts me in there. I get sorted into Gryffindor, not a surprise there. I smile as I follow the teachers to the Great hall. A few straggler students see us and they run to the great hall probably to tell everyone about the mysterious new girl with the teachers. As we walk in I can hear chattering about a girl no one recognized with Dumbledore and the teachers. "Silence" Dumbledore says and the whole hall goes quiet. I see there is some talk already about my announcement, well I will get right to it then. We have a transfer student from Ilvermorny joining us here at Hogwarts for the remainder of her school years. Please give a warm welcome to Y/n L/n our newest Gryffindor" Dumbledore says and I walk over and stand next to him waving. "You may go sit with your house now," He says and I nod walking down the stage and going to sit down at the table. Once I sit I'm bombarded with Questions from random people. "What's America like?" "can I hear you say something?" "What's your favorite food from your home country?" "What part of America are you from?" I laugh and they all stop. "I'm sorry but you are all going to be highly disappointed to learn my home country is here, I only lived in America for five years, in New York to be exact. My favorite food there is their kettle corn though. Lastly, America isn't as amazing as the movies make it look, to be honest" I finish and they all look at me astonished. "Your accent is a mix of here and American it's amazing," a girl says and I look over and smile to see a girl with brown frizzy hair. Thank you and you are?" I ask and she smiles. I'm Hermione Granger and these are my friends Harry and-" "Ron Weasley! You have grown so much oh my goodness!" I say cutting her off. "Oh sorry," I say and she smiles. "No worries how do you know Ron?" she asks shocked and Ron looks at me like he's trying to figure out who I am. "I've known his family since I was a kid their mom used to watch me when my parents ran errands. I met them when I was five and Ron was all of three at the time," I say and Ron's face contorts into a shocked face and he drops his chicken. "Bloody hell it is you! Fred and George are going to freak out" Ron says and I get the biggest face of excitement. "They are here?" I ask and Ron nods. "They always skip breakfast," a girl says and I look over and see Ginny Weasley. "Ginny!" I say squealing. "Hey N/n," She says smiling. We hug and soon we are let out and I tell everyone not to tell the twins anything about me being here. They all agree and I go on a hunt to find them. As I'm walking past a hall I hear a pair of voices I recognize instantly bickering about something. "No, this one is mine you got to open the last one from her!" Fred says I glance down the hall to see them fighting over a letter. Not just any letter but a letter I wrote them last week. I smirk and walk toward them they don't notice until I snatch the letter from them. "How about I just read it to you two instead?" I say and they slowly turn to look at me. I'm now smiling wide with the letter in my pocket. "Y/N!" They both scream and tackle me in a hug. I laugh as I hug my two best friends. George is the first to let go and I and Fred hug a little longer. "I missed you," He says, and I bury my head into his chest. "I missed you too," I say. "Okay love birds let's go," George says and Fred and I separate blushing. A few weeks have gone by and soon I'm into a routine. I get up, meet with the twins, go-to breakfast, go to classes, go to lunch, do more classes, study with one or both of the twins, go to bed, and repeat. All while trying to keep the twins out of trouble. I count this routine a win even if they still pull pranks sometimes because at least they are studying and going to breakfast now. One day though something changed and Fred stopped hanging out with me completely and George wouldn't tell me a thing. I woke up and got ready like usual. I then went down to see only George and I looked at him confused. "Still no Freddie?" I ask and he shakes his head and we go to breakfast. The day goes on and I usually study with Fred on Wednesdays but he doesn't show up. I sigh and start to study alone until Cedric comes along. "Hey, Y/n want a study partner again?" Cedric asks and I nod smiling a bit. "That would be wonderful thank you Ced," I say and he smiles sitting down and joining me. We study into the night laughing and joking around. I walk into the Common room to see Fred and Angelina Johnson flirting up a storm together. A pain hits my heart. I look down and go straight to the girl's dorm stairs ignoring George's calls. I rush up the stairs and throw myself on my bed. I let my tears fall and a few sobs escape my mouth. I eventually fall asleep the next day coming around way too soon. I get up and get ready slowly, I check the time and see it's the middle of breakfast already. I must've slept in. I shrug and finish getting ready. Once ready I head straight to class. Lunch comes around and I get some food and I sit away from everyone I usually sit by. George looks at me sadly and I look at him even sadder. He knows I love Fred and he's been trying to keep me from finding out but it had to happen eventually. 'Fred has a girlfriend now, you have to move on Y/n,' I think as I push my food around and wait to be let out for classes not hungry this morning.