"I'm left-handed," Gwen lied to the scientist, causing him to roll his eyes before unstrapping her other hand, just like she planned.

It was an understatement to say Brenner was caught off guard when the 8-year-old shot up from the table and clanged the metal bracelets on her wrists together. He realized just how unprepared he was when a bright light hit him in the chest, sending him flying into the nearest wall... or rather through the nearest wall. Gwen wasted no time unstrapping herself from the table as Brenner struggled to catch his breath.

He didn't even have time to pray before the Byers girl came strutting into the room he was in and hurled him against the wall. Gwen's eyes widened into saucers when she turned her head to the right to see Eleven and some guy with a razor. El's eyes were filled with panic as she tried to get away from the scientist that was about to buzz her hair off, again.

"Stay here," Gwen ordered Brenner before marching over to the pair.

"Hey, blockhead!" Gwen yelled to the scientist as she raised her hand up and used her powers to move the razor from El's head to his. "I think it's time you got a haircut, don't you?"

"No, please--" the man's eyes widened in terror before a loud scraping sound could be heard.

"There we go," Gwen grinned as she made the poor man shave his own head. "You see, this is what happens when you try to play barber to an unwilling participant."

Once he was done, she went over to one of the drawers in the corner of the room and pulled out a mirror. El watched her friend in awe as the blond held up the mirror in front of the now bald man.

"All done, you kind of remind me of one of those Sphynx cats--"

The Byers girl jumped slightly when she got cut off by the hairless man screaming loudly. She watched as he put both his hands on the side of his head, letting out another shriek as he looked at her before running over to the door. She could hear him crying all the way down the hallway as he continued to pet his bald head. Gwen glanced at El, a slight smile coming to the latter's face before they both burst into laughter. The Byers girl continued to giggle which caused her some difficulties as she untied El's restraints. Once she was done, the former science experiment launched up from her chair and pulled Gwen into a fierce embrace.

"Thank you," El breathed as she hugged her friend tightly, Gwen squeezing her just as tight in return.

"My pleasure," Gwen winked as she pulled back slightly, "now let's go save my mom."

~:~

"She's downstairs," El informed her friend as she ripped her blindfold off, "with the bad men."

"Well we better go then," Gwen said as she got up and pulled El to her feet, only for the girl to stop her.

"Gwen," El started, slightly nervous, "she isn't alone. Hopper is there too, and Mike, Lucas, Dustin, Nancy, a girl with red hair, a boy with big hair--"

"El," Gwen interrupted as she put her hands on her friend's shoulders. "It'll be okay. We can do this."

"But what about the rules?"

"I think in this particular circumstance," Gwen slung her backpack over her shoulders, not even noticing that Brenner was gone, "Hopper will understand."

~:~

Gwen and El exchanged a glance as they came to a stop in front of the daunting double doors that held their family.

"You ready for this?" Gwen asked as she turned back to the doors.

"Ready," El nodded as blood began to trickle down her nose.