ꜜ⨳﹒𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐑 - 1 ıllı

Challenge Accepted BY TVD_Lover1999

REVIEWER : Mitali2203

➔ TITLE:

The title is something that intrigued me. I was thinking what it would be about and plainly thought it would be some kind of challenge between the couple but I was amazed later on. It was a challenge accepted with their mothers and also not about falling in love. Smart move, indeed.

➔ COVER:

The cover needs to be eye-catching but it wasn't. It is related to the story but it seems dull with the turquoise color and the placement of random arrows in the cover. The font is pretty visible and the characters playing soccer just makes it so much better.

➔ BLURB:

The blurb is something that gives us an insight of the book without giving out too much. Now, your blurb was hooking but it was clichè. You would find tons of stories with the plot of friends to lovers trope or falling in love with the playboy; but, you have many other things that are unique - add them.

Other than it, it was actually good with the perfect amount of information but adding a cliffhanger would also be perfect.

➔ FIRST IMPRESSION:

The story starts off with the female lead moving on from the town. The way it started got me hooked. The confusion and the tension built slowly was commendable.

The way the small details were incorporated like the way her legs were numb due to the travelling, the comparison between the house, the behavior of her mother and the way it went; I was amazed by the simplicity and the setting created by the author.

Also, what kept me hooked was the small details and mysteries: why was the alcohol bottle in the cabinet? Did the mother plan everything beforehand if she knew that the electricity would be done by the next day and the way the garden grass was cut off.

An hooking and intriguing prologue indeed.

➔ CHARACTERS AND CHARACTERIZATION:

Hayley is a character with a heart wrenching backstory. I think her character needs to be developed and given some distinctive traits to make her deeper. The relationship with her mother and how she is a careful daughter makes me dwell on it. Still, I think her characterization needs to be strengthened a little.

Austin's character is what makes the story more enjoyable. The portrayal went from a jerk playboy to a responsible son. His thoughts are so matured and his inner demons makes him vulnerable. The best thing about him is that he has flaws and is learning the lessons through different incidents. It's like he made a rebel out of a careless woman's careful daughter.

The chemistry between them is great - they aren't clingy friends with hands all over each other or needing to think before being themselves. The way their interactions are executed makes my heart warm. The flaws are acting up and it would be really interesting to see them tackle them.

➔ CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT:

The story is still ongoing but character development is showing up. The difference between their thoughts and actions are subtle yet obvious. Still, they have a long way to go. Just don't rush their actions or make it seem forced. If the pace is set right, it could have one of the best character development.

➔ EMOTIONAL APPEAL:

Emotions are what connects the readers to the stories. They are the soul of writing. I think the thoughts of the characters were interesting and some made me think for myself but I think what lacked was the outburst of emotions like anger and frustration. Other than that, the emotions are on point.

➔ WRITING STYLE:

Not many writers have their own writing style but you do. Your writing style consists of both narratives and actions. One of the thing is that I could see the change in perspective of both characters but again, I think you can give each of them a unique style.

➔ VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR:

The choice of words was simple yet lucid. There weren't many typos present and the author has a good range of words. Still, there is always a scope of improvement when it comes to vocabulary.

➔ SUGGESTIONS:

The book is doing great as of now. I hope to see more of Hayley's past and the way Austin is coping up or how he changed when he coping up with the things life threw at him. Also, try to have a distinctive or unique structure for each of Austin's and Hayley's perspective.

➔ OVERALL:

The book is a great read. It isn't a clichè plotline which it seemed at first. The characters are so much deeper and the way things are turning out makes everything a lot more appealing.

Moreover, I love the dynamics between their respective mothers and how different parental problems affect the upbringing of a child.

An impactful book.