Dragon

chapter one

in the times when all was well with the world, and the humans weren't always thirsting for war and power, there was a species the gods created called the Dragons. Their job was to pretect the humans, and they lived aby a code, the code stated that the Dragons could not use their powers the gods gave them for ill use. they were to protect the humans, since they seemed to be incapable of doing it themselves. humnas believed the word of those who were good with words, and often believed the speeches  of those who were aiming to manipulate them. to stop this, the Dragons were created and the people learned to listen to the ones who had special powers and had kindness reflected in their eyes. They called themselves Dragons from the Order of the Rose...

the Dragons that the people came to trust were mysterious and so different, that the people thought they might be the gods themselves. the dragons denied the rumors, and for that, the people respected them. soon enough, they discovered that the Dragons were mortal, just like them, except they lived longer and had abilities beyond their understanding. they realized the Dragon's only duty was to protect them.

if you had asked anyone to describe one of these warriors, you would get a glorious and lengthy description. Dragons had powers, yes, but different ones; no two dragons had the same powers or ablilities as the other. . they were kind, and would always refuse to take advantage of anyone or anything. they had reaspect for the people, an dwould only speak the truth. if you asked a question, they would answer to the best of their ability and would tell you bluntly. they all had a sweet temperament, and when their mood changed, you could tell because their eyes changed color. usually, they were beautiful, in fact unworldly beautiful, much like the gods themselves, but made in the form of human likeness. each dragon had a teasing aura about them, and they loved to play jokes and pranks, and were usually mellow and could laugh at themselves. each one had a unique but similar personality, making the Order very different from other forms of species, persay.

a dragon was chosen very rarely; an experienced Dragon with the gift of Sight, or the gift of visions and prophecies, would have a vision of a person, and they would travel to where they lived and have the boy or girl inducted into the Order by the Dragon King. once they had been inducted, they would then be sent ot sit in silent vigil on their knees for two days without food and water to test their endurance. when the vigil was over, the gods would have given them their abilities Dragons are famous for, and be whisked away to start training. they would go through a series of tests but no one but the dragons knew what kind of tests, and they would discover their powers. they would be immediately sent to train in mortal combat and learn how to control and reign in their powers. they were always taught how to use them in battle and for the good of the humans. they were trained in laws and rules of the Order, and when they completed their training, they were tough, but still kind.

it was very rare to have twins in the Order. twins told of great fortune and the pair of beings would be very dangerous in combat to anyone who opposed them. they told of changing times for the Order and the way of life for the rest of the world, and it was always a good omen. it was even rarer for a female to be inducted, and they were sometimes fiercer than the men in combat in order to prove themselves in the ranks of many men. those who were accomplished in the field werer refgarded with a high respect and granted a post in the Order of the Rose government. twins and a femal combined meant great change very quickly.

after a millenia, the Dragons would be shunned. stories would be forgotten, and the people would shake with fear at the mention of the Dragons andt he songs would be kept secret. but a pair of twins would change all that when they accomplished the task the gods wanted them to do.

Chapter two

looking over her shoulder at her brother, katie of ellicus laughed at the sight that