Chapter 2

The doctors woke me up. It was time for me to take my medication. After I took it, my doctor, Dr. Martin, sat down to discuss why I was in the .hospital.
"I don't know how to put this Finn. You have lung cancer. The doctors and I are doing everything we can to prevent it from getting worse."
"But I don't smoke." I said
"We have numerous test running on your blood, the reason you have lung cancer is unknown."
My head filled with thoughts. 'How will I get through this? Why did I out of all people get cancer?' It wasn't in my position to ask. All I have to do is be strong.
"I'll be back in an hour Finn. Just relax and rest. Oh and the girl who stopped by to see you left a note for you." Dr. Martin said.
I picked up the letter. It had a leather cover and said in cursive, To Finn.
I opened it:
Dear Finn,

The doctors told me that you had cancer. The only way you will get through this is if you fight, for you and everyone. I know you Finn, you are strong and you are a leader. You deserve to be alive and well. You deserve to be living your life, at your college and in Lima, not in a hospital thinking about if you are going to be well the next day. Fight Finn, please fight for me. I'm going back to New York, the directors told me they have a position for me as Fanny Brice!! I love you Finn, stay strong.

Love,
Rachel Berry ❤️

{4 months later}
Finn POV
Today is the day. I am discharged from the hospital. I'm so happy now I can visit Rachel. The doctors say that I still should take morning walks and eat fruits and vegetables.
My therapist took me outside where my mom picked me up. It was a long time since I've seen her.
"Finn!! Oh my god!! How are you, how are you feeling?"
" I'm doing fine. Thank you." I said
I was really awkward in the car ride home. She hadn't seen me for 4 straight months. Without realizing I asked,
"Where were you?"
Her pupils got bigger and she took at deep breath. "I couldn't have managed seeing you in the hospital. When I doctors called me that Sunday evening, I don't know how.." She started crying
"Mom it's fine." I said
We arrived at my house. Oh how amazing it was to see it and be in it. I can't to finally be in my bed for the first time in a long time.
I walked in.
"SURPRISE!!!" said Santana, Puck, Sam and Artie.
They were my good friends from high school but the only thing that bummed me was that Rachel wasn't there. I greeting S, P, Sam and A and I went into the bathroom to call Rachel.
I dialed in her number.
"Hello?" said a man
"Hi, is this Rachel's phone?"
"Yes, it is."
I had a suspicious feeling.
I heard him say," Rachel someone is calling you!"
"Sorry she is getting out of the shower." He said.
Now I knew what that suspicious feeling meant.