*𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

"Du' put that shit out, it stinks".

"Whatchu' gotta attitude fa', Youn' wanna be wimmie a'sum?"

"It's Two o'clock in the morning! I'm sure whatever you wanted to do or had to say could've waited." She scoffed at the silly question.

Ashing out the wood, Kentrell began to relax feeling his high slowly creep up on him. "I couldn't sleep. I'm wide awake and I wanted you go wimmie so we ca' ride down the empty interstate and talk bout random shit."

Essence sat and listened to him ramble. She stare down in her lap before looking over at him with a wide smile. "You're such a vibe, I swea." She giggled.

Even though she was mad, She couldn't help but notice that he was actually trying with her.

"I be trying fa' You."

"Okay Fine, I can't even be mad anymore."

Smirking at her response, Kentrell chuckled shaking his head. "Am I doing this soon to be boyfriend shit right?"

"Yes, You been we're, But okay come on."

"C'mon what?"

"You said We were riding around basically talking about shit so let's get it started." She clasped her hand together. Kicking her bedroom shoes off, Essence leaned the seat back placing her feet in his lap.

"We don't keep shit from one another or judge eachother right?" Kentrell looked over at her for reassurance and She nodded.

"Right."

"Cool. I think I'm ready fa' da' Tell you who I really am and Why I'm this way." He swallowed the lump in this throat.

"I'm all ears babe" She spoke lowly causing Kentrell to bite down on his bottom lip at the butterfly feeling in his lower abdomen.

He knew what to tell her and what not to tell her. Even though he wanted to before duke told her or she found out another way, He wasn't gonna fuck up what they had going on.

His heart was too deep in it now.

So until then, Telling Essence about Chayln and His family was what Kentrell was gonna do.

"When I was twelve, My momma used to fuck with this dude that used to beat on her and shit. I mean I never blamed ha' fa' staying cause you fall in love with the way mfs used to make you feel when y'all first meet. You get too stuck on the history and don't be wanting to leave unless some real shit go down and that was ha.

It would always be and Teelee. We'd hea' my momma get ha' ass beat late at night and couldn't do nun but hug up on eachother and cry ourselves to sleep. Dude never treated us wrong or nun, If anything he treated us as if we was his real kids, but it was sum bout my momma he wan' fucking with.

It's like you could tell his dumbass was cheating cause all of a sudden he started acting weird with ha' outta nowhere.

One day after school, We came home and I saw my momma all beat the fuck up. I'm talm bout Blackeye, Busted lip, purple marks all over her brown skin. That was the day he really took all his angry out on ha' cause he ain't never beat on ha' that bad befo'.