Dancing With You

Zacznij od początku

***

"I is sorry Mr Wheezy-sir, I is not understanding where the flowers has to be put, sir."
"You can put them where you think is best, if you want, Lizzy."
Lizzy's eyes widened at the request. "You is sure, Mr Wheezy?"
"Of course! You have a great taste for decorations."
Lizzy's big ears flapped happily.
"I'll see you later then, Lizzy. I need to check on how Kreacher is doing with the menus over there."
Lizzy smiled and went back to work. Ron walked towards where Kreacher stood, discussing with the Hogwarts Head Chef at a high pitched voice.
"Good afternoon Kreacher." he said.
"Master Harry's friend Ronald is here!" said Kreacher, looking up from the sheets of paper he'd been working on and announcing Ron's presence to all the other house elves. When Ron had asked Kreacher a hand to set up everything for the wedding, Kreacher hadn't come alone. In fact, he'd brought about half of the house elves that worked in the kitchens of Hogwarts with him.
The effort they were putting in it was an awful lot, and Ron was extremely grateful for their help on his project, especially since he wasn't very good at that kind of spells.
Ron disappareted from home every afternoon and came back just in time for dinner. Though Hermione had probably wondered what he was up to, he was quite proud of the statute of secrecy his plan was having.
Ron came back home every evening a little more jaded, but he knew that it was worth it.

***

The day of the wedding came and went surprisingly fast, just like any other day.
Ron had asked Harry to be his best man at the wedding, and his friend had been glad to do so. Ginny, on the other hand, had agreed to be Hermione's bridesmaid.

"Where are we going?" asked Hermione, eyeing suspiciously the fireplace behind Ginny and the ppot of floo powder she was holding.
"I promised Ron not to tell you."
"Ugh. Okay."
"I don't usually agree with my brother, but getting married in a n unknown place is quite romantic, you have to admit."
"Mhm." said Hermione sarcastically, "And I don't even know what to wear: what if I go there and it's too hot to wear a wedding grown. What if it's too cold? Great Merlin, what if we end up to the South Pole?" her eyes were comically wide. "Sounds like something Ron would do."
"Mione, you need to stop takling and begin to have more faith in your almost-husband."
Hermione sighed. "Okay then, I'm ready." she instinctively moved toward the fireplace, but Ginny grabbed her arm to stop her.
"What?"
"Stay still." Ginny pulled Hermione towards herself and raised her wand. "Obscuro."
Hermione's vision was suddenly covered by a black blindfold. She heard Ginny cast a muffliato spell, then Ginny pulled her arm and Hermione stumbled down towards the floor.

Then... Nothing. There was no impact. She heard a soft woosh felt her insides twist. Hermione held her breath.

After waht seemed like centuries, her feet touched the ground again. Ginny's hands steadied her, but before Hermione could complain about the blindfold that was still covering her eyes, Ginny took her hand a and dragged her behind her.
Thay walked and walked and ran, and when Ginny finally let her remove the blindfold, Hermione's hands went to her mouth.

Beside her, Ginny grinned proudly. They were at the seaside.

"Where are we?" Hermione asked, still looking incredolously at the beach in front of her.
"Not far from Manhattan, California."
Hermione couldn't believe her friend's words. She was going to get married in California? On the beach?? Under the sun? That sounded about the best idea she'd ever heard of.

It was like that that five days after Hermione's twenty-fourth birthday, Hermione ended up on a beach in her wedding dress, a light wind whipping her hair and the salted air tickling her skin.

Ginny took Hermione's hand in hers again, and she brought her on one side of the beach. The chattering of the guests died away as Hermione made her way towards the crowd.
There were rows and rows of chairs, bouquets of magnificent flowers and the crowd parted to reveal an aisle.