1. Tall, Dark Strangers In Small Dark Corners

Chapter Soundtrack: Elenor Rigby - Cody Fry
Eventually- Tame Impala

You stood in line at the front door. You had been to this museum dozens of times. But this new Egyptian exhibit was all you needed to be coming back. Being an Egyptian studies major, this new addition had you being a VIP in the early admission line.

Your fingers turned the bracelets on your wrist, as you waited for your turn in the que to show your membership card. Your back felt hot, as if someone was watching you. Someone examining your figure. Your eyes took a turn of the entryway. Kind older ladies with their grandchildren buying lollipops and couples holding hands looking through the dig through the sand exhibit in the corner. No one seemed to be looking at you, or really paying you any attention. Everyone in their own worlds and faces, attached to their phones.

Your feet shuffled forward as the lady behind the counter scanned members cards with little emotion. You gave her a polite smile as she took your card from your hands. Scanning it with the beeper gun, it brought up your name on the computer. She handed it back to you and mumbled what you thought was a, "Have a good time." You tucked the card into your purse and slung it back onto your shoulder.

With light feet, you skirted around the other guests. You bypassed all the usual fossils and paintings, to find the Egyptian exhibit. Turning down a hallway made recently leading you into the new room. You crossed under the gilded archway into the dark hazy atmosphere of the large room. The new artifacts were placed high behind thick red velvet ropes blocking you from getting too close. You took a pamphlet, and scanned the page. A lot of the items were on load from the Egyptian museum and a few other collectors .

Your eyes began taking in the brilliant colors of the first painting. It was of the great pyramids and the bright sun behind them. Leaning against the ropes, your eyes narrowed as you looked at every inch of the artwork. The grains of sand were visible, as well as the brushstrokes. The emotion as the artist painted was gentle and happy. Almost as if he was telling a story with each line.

Feeling a small hand on your back, you rose to greet a handsome face. His eyes were dark, and swirling with mischief. "You dropped this here Querida', over there by the door." A strong New York accent broke through the calmness of the dark. He stuck a gloved hand out with your membership card. "Oh thank you! I must've dropped as I was rushing in." Reaching out to grab the card, his other hand slid around your wrist, knocking his long fingers into your bracelets. "I saw you, taking in the art. Looking at it. I waited as long as I could. Care to take a walk around the room with me.

Your mouth fell open as he took your hand, sliding into his open arm.His strong arm held you close as he pulled you along. You were too stunned too try and argue with him. His dark hair was hidden under a dark cap. His nose had a small bandage across the bridge. Your eyes went to his mouth. Luscious lips held a smirk. You were taken a back at his handsomeness, as he led you past the paintings into a small room full of small statues lining the walls. The dark room was only lit by dull wall sconces. The statues were of Gods and Deities. All clad in hard clay.

"Excuse me, what are you doing?" You asked firmly, pulling away from him as your wits began flooding your brain. The man let you go, gently as you walked away from him. Placing your back flush, against the wall across from the statues. You watched him pace back and forth, as he gathered his thoughts. His back was too you with his hands on his hips. You looked up and down at his form. Even in the shadows, you saw his back flex under his tight shirt. You swallowed heavily. This was a scene from a book. Tall, dark, brooding stranger has his way with a girl in a dark corner of a museum.

He brought his gloved hand up to his mouth, as he wiped his brow. He tightened his glove and gazed at you under hooded lashes. "Ya see, Amor, I was sent to either take the bracelets off of your wrist, or take the whole hand." He took a step closer to you, reaching out, and interlocking his fingers with yours. He tugged you forward harshly as you fell against his broad chest. your breath sounded ragged as your hand clutched his shirt. You felt hot as you inhaled his smell. Leather, sweat, and lavender. Your eyes slowly found his, as he growled down to you. "What's it gunna be?"

He moved his body closer, pushing you back against the wall. Pinning you against the clay and stucco. His mouth came down to your cheek. The air between you grew thick, and hot. Your eyes fluttered close, and you let out a whisper. "Take them, they were a gift." You reached for the jewelry, and found his hand. His thumb made small circles around the inside of your wrist, as his stubble brushed against your temple. He breathed deeply. His lips lightly going to your mouth.

A booming voice sounded all around you both. "Hurry up, Jake. We don't have time for this." Your eyes flew open and you jerked against your captor. No one else was in this small hidden room.The other guests may have seen a couple kissing and decided to skip it for now also.

"Who the hell was that?" Your question bouncing off the walls. The man slipped your gold bangle off your wrist with ease, smirked to himself. "He still never lets me have fun." Running his thumb over the etching he looked up at you. "You don't know what this is, do you? Honestly?" He took a step towards you, and for a brief moment, you felt fear. But one look at his soft face, you knew there was no call for it. His chocolate collected eyes were swimming with kindness. You had the feeling he didn't get this emotion often.

Shaking your head, your voice cracked as you spoke. "I got it for my birthday from a coworker who I worked with briefly. She said it was fake and wished she had gotten me more. I wear it when I need a pick me up." You dared yourself to ask tthis stranger a question. Lifting your head high, you asked calmly, "What is your name?"

The man took a step back, and looked down at the bracelet again. He turned it over on his hands. The heavy weight arching his bruises on his knuckles. "I go by many names. I am Jake Lockley." He slid the bracelet in his pocket, and looked back at you with that same smirk. "You're coming with me, love."