she could recall the very day it happened

               she could recall the very day it happened. the day time seemed to slow in its tracks.

               the air was tranquil. a sense of balance dispersed throughout the mountain. the blissful lavender color of wisteria covering the wooded path engulfed her sight. the wind slowly carrying the scent further towards her.

               she patiently awaited their arrival beyond the confines of the house. picking petals among the limitless abyss of amethyst purple. their tender touch comforting her hands.

               it was the last time she had truly felt content with herself. a moment in which her giggles filled the morning air. her body felt light, her steps bouncing from area to area. up until her vision was caught by someone near.

               her limbs had gotten the better of her as she ran to him with an unmatched force of energy, engulfing him in a light, yet inept, embrace. she was overtaken by delight at his arrival, finally knowing that he was safe within sheltered solidarity.

               she felt herself glance up, her lilac irises falling upon the mask held within his grasp. the very warding mask sabito had departed with. the same scar marking its very existence.

               her blood ran thin, her breathing quickening in pace. crystal tears pooled in her eyes, as that of water droplets upon reflective glass. although she was too young to entirely understand, she knew that her brother was gone. forever trapped in the memory of those left behind.

               their minds were clouded with absolute despair. all she could do was clasp onto giyu as they each wept through tears of defeat. the pain almost unbearable. another one gone, and yet she vowed to honor his legacy throughout each day. 

[  ❤︎  ] ⸺ setsu & sabito