The Love of Thorin Oakenshield

When you were just a young woman, you saw him for the first time... Thorin Oakenshield. A dwarf prince who had been hired to make swords and weapons in the villages. You had heard stories of the once great kingdom of Erebor. You felt bad for the dwarf prince and his kin, you came from a wealthy family, who did approve of having a dwarf laboring in the village. But you did not mind him, you quite fancied him, even though you had never spoken to him.

You would sit by your window and watch him work, day after day. You were fascinated with him. You had to admit he was handsome, even if he was a dwarf. Something about him drew you to him, and when you would lay in bed at night he would flood your thoughts. The thought of getting near him, made your face flush a bright red. You needed to be close to him, you needed to know him. So, you made up your mind to go down to the shops and introduce yourself to him.

-The next morning-

You woke to the sound of your mother singing. She was cooking, she always sang when she cooked. The smell of baking bread filled the air and it made your stomach rumble. However, you were much too nervous to eat. Today was the day that you were going to introduce yourself to Thorin. You had been trying to prepare yourself mentally for this but so far it wasn't working. You sat up, and stretched your arms above your head. You got up and went to the bathroom and splashed your face with water. All the while you were trying to convince yourself that you were going to do fine. You walked over to your wardrobe and pulled out your favorite dress then went back to the bathroom to fix your hair. You looked in the mirror and frowned, your hair was a mess. You quickly attempted to fix your hair and bounded out of your room and into the kitchen.

'Morning, mother,' you said cheerfully.

'Good morning, my love,' came her singsong reply.

You adored her, she was effortlessly beautiful in a way that you couldn't manage to be. You quickly kissed her on the cheek, told her you were going for a walked, and bounded out the door.

You walked past the women selling dresses and the men selling fish until you could see the small shack where the blacksmiths forged their weapons. As you got closer you could hear the grunts of the men as they pounded the metal into shape, but not Thorin. He never made a sound when he worked. He was as strong as a thousand soldiers, you could see it in his movements. The way that he carried himself, the way that his muscles rippled in his arms when he swung the hammer down. The way that he was always silent while he worked even when the village men complained about the strenuous work.

You walked up to the door and peeked inside. You saw Thorin, among the men, standing out like a diamond in a mine of coal. Everything about him was beautiful. Then suddenly you got a knot in your stomach, you couldn't do it, you didn't have the courage. You turned around and started to quickly walk away until you swear you heard someone call your name. The funny thing is, you could have sworn it was the voice of Thorin Oakenshield..

((( I hope you guys like it! This is my first ever attempt at a fanfic, but there are definitely more parts of this story to come. Any feedback would be appreciated! c: )))