Chapter 28 - Unleash The Hulk

Start from the beginning

When Eleanor turned her head slightly to look back at the Hulk, Nat's chest tightened as she saw the panic on her face as she continued her sprint. Now fueled by fear, Nat managed to wiggle her leg out from underneath the frame, the position that Eleanor had managed to shift it into had helped. 

She stood and watched as Eleanor sprinted up the stairs, having to jump and flip herself over the railing of the next floor due to the staircase being ripped out from beneath her, Nat would have to try and climb up there instead. 

Eleanor continued sprinting away, pieces of the floor being torn away behind her, she had never been this terrified, but she continued running, there wasn't much else that she could do. She wasn't even familiar with this part of the helicarrier so had no escape route planned in her head.

Nat had managed to climb onto the floor that Eleanor was on, using pieces of piping on the wall, and sprinted after her, having to jump over the gaping holes on the floor.

Nat's anxiety spiked further when she heard more roars from Hulk with lots of metal smashing, she didn't have eyes on the pair anymore and so had no clue if her girlfriend had been fatally launched into a wall or not.

However, her fears were put to rest ever so slightly when she rounded the corner. Eleanor was hiding behind some metal machinery, and so Nat slowed her footsteps down to be silent and stood next to her, both hunched over to avoid being seen.

They waited for a few seconds but they both knew that they couldn't wait there forever, it wasn't a good spot to be hiding in, they were practically waiting to be pummelled to death. There was no more room for them to be able to run if Hulk made a surprise appearance and they'd be turned into jelly immediately.

The two silently communicated with their eyes, something that they had an aptitude for with each other, and unholstered their guns at the same time, slowly walking around the corner to try and not draw attention to themselves. This didn't really work, however, as when they continued on their path, they caught his attention, only a few pieces of flimsy machinery standing between them.

Jumping out of their skins when he roared at them, Nat shot a pipe above him so that the steam coming out of it could distract him briefly, then they took off at a sprint in the opposite direction. Eleanor being in front reached back and grabbed Nat's hand. She was the faster runner of the two and so she dragged Nat along as fast as her legs could carry her.

The corridor was lined with glass doors, and they had to jump over some raised areas of the flooring during their sprint, which slowed them down slightly, but they somehow sped up even more when they saw Hulk barrelling toward them, smashing all of the glass during his rampage.

He only seemed to be getting closer to them, there was no way that they were going to manage to outrun him. 

Eleanor's grip on Nat tightened with every passing second trying to make sure that she could get them out, but she wasn't able to.

He had caught up and hit Natasha to the side, sending her flying into a wall and crashing onto the floor. Eleanor stumbled slightly from the momentum from Nat being ripped out of her grasp. 

He then started stalking towards Nat as though she were his prey, Eleanor watched in horror, not knowing what to do. She needed to get the attention off of Nat.

"HEY!", she yelled, making Hulk turn towards her with rage. Nat looked at her and desperately shook her head, but she was too winded to make a sound, she once again felt completely helpless. Eleanor didn't see Nat's silent pleas as her eyes were trained on the man in front of her. 

He stepped forward, so she took a few steps back, stumbling in the process. There was no plan of action here, she couldn't fight him, couldn't run away, she was pretty much frozen in fear.