"Shut up!"

"He has a heart condition, Jimmy. His heart will just give out on him. Do you understand that?!"

"I don't believe you! He wouldn't be playing Basketball if he had a heart condition! No Coach let's a player play with a heart condition!"

"Whitey doesn't know, Jimmy. Luke didn't tell him and he stopped taking his meds so he could keep up with the others. He needs to stop yelling through the door." Haley told Jimmy.

He opened the door.

"We can talk but nobody moves."

Luke's chest was heaving up and down.

Haley put her hand on my arm.

"It's gonna be alright."

"As I was saying, I know how cruel Nathan can be. He was to me when I first joined the Basketball team. Scared I was gonna kick his ass."

I laughed.

"Yeah, right. He's not scared of anything."

"I wouldn't be so sure of that, Jimmy."

"How so?"

"He came in this school for a reason, right? We both could've stayed on the bus with Whitey and the team. But we chose to come in after people we care about."

He stepped closer to him.

"I know you're not gonna shoot anybody, man. Shooting Peyton was an accident."

Jimmy had the gun in his hand.

"I've been where you are, Jimmy. I bought the gun and I planned on using it. My Uncle's voice in the back of my head stopped me. I know there's a voice in your head telling you this is wrong."

"Not this."

"Yes."

"How'd you get Nathan to leave you alone?"

"Oh, it wasn't me who got him to leave me alone. It was Haley."

"I had ulterior motivates."

"And then he eventually left me alone when he found out how good I am at Basketball."

Lucas held his hand out.

He placed the gun in it.

"Nathan, get Haley, Skills, Mouth, and Marcus out of here, alright?"

"Alright."

Skills, Mouth, and Marcus walked in front of us.

Haley walked in front of me.

"It's alright, Jimmy. I'm not going anywhere. I'll sit right here and listen to you talk, alright?"

"Yeah."

"Alright."

Dan

"Jimmy, come on, man. Just let Nathan, Haley, and Mouth go. We can talk about this."

"We have confirmation that it is Jimmy Edwards."

"No!"

"Alright. Let's talk through the door, okay?"

"Mm."

"I know how much jerks jocks can be, alright?"

"No, you don't because you're one of them!"

"I wasn't always, Jimmy! I used to be unpopular too until I joined the Basketball team! I know how much of a jerk the biggest jock can be, alright?!"

I knew Jimmy looked at Nathan.