Chapter 1 ~ Endless Pain

Here, it is! The first chapter! Like I said, its a loose plot. But if there are any mistakes and constructive feedback, please tell me! It might be short, so I am very sorry! 

It will be okay….

Just a few hours, and then it’s back to the comfort of my cage…

I continued to repeat those words in my head, flattening my ears against my raven black hair. Just a few minutes before the Amazing Acts special performance.

Yeah. I worked in a circus…not really, if I worked there, I would get paid. But I didn’t. I was just their little freak. By freak, I mean Cat Hybrid. I had many of cat’s qualities and those of a Human. My ears and tail and appeared when I was 15, when my parents kicked me out. I remember my father’s exact words.

“Get the fuck out! You’re a cat! A freak of nature! I can’t believe you were born in here! My house?!?!”

Of course I remember those exact words, those words still haunt me. So then I had no other choice but to leave, while my mum shook with sobs, my sisters watching quietly, and silent tears streaming down their faces, powerless against my father. As I left, I remember Safaa, my youngest sister, running to me, her little arms wrapping around my waist.

Now I am 19, I think, it’s been so long, I don’t even remember my age. But I don’t care, if people don’t ask, why would someone befriend a freak like me? Anyways, after years of my job (not really) I learnt to ignore the stares of disgust, and the tomatoes.

“Hey! Bring out cat boy!” I heard Master Thorn, the ringmaster call.

I could hear the lock open with click. The sheet was lifted off my cage, and the dim light streamed in. I still squinted, as my cat part could not handle even dim light.

I was cuffed and chained, my wrists and ankles. Clumsily, I stumbled on center stage. Before I would adjust my eyes to the harsh light, I heard a crackling whip before I felt it. My back stung, the pain searing all the way to my bones. My neck craned and I clench my eyes in pain, my tail wrapping around me protectively.

After a few more whips, Master Thorn started talking.

“Ladies and gentlemen! Unfortunately this is the last act for tonight’s special show! But please, go and see all of our other mind blowing attractions! But now, we have an act that will make you remember Amazing Acts, long after you leave!”

“I present to you, a boy, a freak of nature, ladies and gentlemen I present to you, a Cat Hybrid!” he finished. The crowd roared and on cue, I walked closer to Master Thorn. I hated this, but this was my life; I walked on stage, got a few whips but in return, I lived.

He brought out his whip, lashing me hard on the chest twice. The dry tears left my eyes, as my blood painted over old whip marks.

After the show was over, I was brought to the medical center so they could clean me up. I might be there freak, but they needed to make sure the whip marks did not leave infection, so I didn’t die because of it. If I died, their star attraction would be gone, I was their Star Attraction, not a title I was proud of.

After leaving the medical center, I found myself back in my cage. From what I heard, our circus was leaving London, and going to Holmes Chapel in Cheshire for a few days. 

I closed my eyes as sleep took over my sore body, curling my tail around me, my ears presses against my head.

Okay! Did you like it? Yes? No? Maybe so? 

Comment and vote please! 

~Beth