"Your treat?"|| Maison x reader

Start from the beginning

He looked down contemplating something, then a simple closed-mouth smile appeared onto his face.

"If you insist, Then a black eye would be nice." He seemed happy at your offer and you're glad he took it.

With a raise of the hand a waitress came over with a notepad and tray.

"Hello, anything you would like?" They asked taking out a blue pen.

"He would like a black eye, please." You asked in a kind tone to not come off as rude.

"Right away, and what would your name be, sir?" They asked turning to him for the answer.

"Maison Talo." He simply replied.

"Maison.. Alright, I'll call you out when your coffee is ready!" They then went over to the counter and gave the notes to the barista

"Thank you very much for this offer, Y/n." He brought your attention back to him.

"No problem, but I would still like to know how you knew my name still." This time instead if dodging he simply answered.

"I heard it over the call you had. And I must say, you have quite a beautiful name." The answer was what you had expected but was relieved any how to hear.

"Thank you." You sheepishly replied.

But instead of antagonizing silence you wanted a conversation.

"So, do you have any interests?" He still has his stare and it was as if he was too calm to necessitize blinking.

"Well, not quite. I do enjoy what I do for a living and I'm sure you know very well by now." he winked and you laughed.

"Yes, I surely do." Thankfully he hasn't repeated himself, may become annoying if repeated so often.

"Do you have any interests yourself, dear?" He asked propping himself up with both his thin hands.

"Well, I enjoy more of the calm activities, not very active much." You weren't lazy, just not interested in many things.

"I too find a peace in something quiet, quiet people are very soothing to have." He made a reference to something unbeknown to you which he most likely won't be telling any time soon.

"Yeah, very talkative people can be a bit exhausting." You laughed but he still was focused on something.

"Order for Maison!" The woman from before who had called out your name had called his.

"I'll be right back." He exscused himself and went to retrieve his coffee.

When returning back he thanked you again for the coffee and you just shurgged it off as nothing but a basic gesture.

"No need for any thanks, its just a simple treat. Nothing much." You waved it off but he took this 'act' more to heart than expected.

" 'Nothing much'? Oh please, most people here give dirty looks and sometimes not even a glance. You are certainly more than the mere folk here." He surprised you with how sincere he was about it all, must not have met very great customers.

"And you certainly won't scream." He mumbled almost to be unheard.

"What?" He straighted his collar and spoke up.

"And you certainly don't fuss." He smiled but it didn't sound the same as what he mumbled before.

"Well thank you very much." Was the only reply you could think of, maybe you had heard wrong.

"No problem at all.." He pasued.

This time he became silent and was lost in the void of his thoughts forgetting your presence.