Chapter 2

Beau's P.O.V.

The scraping of the rock against the cell block wall echoes around me as I darken the long line. Darkening it until satisfied to my liken. I drop the rock, looking over the grouped amount of tallies that decorated the wall. I brush the hair back from my face. Quickly counting them until I came to the final number of 435. I've been locked up in this cell for 435 days. Being watched as I showered, pissed, and ate every single day. Not only that but they would parade girls from my pack and traveling packs in hope that I would suddenly- and finally find my mate. So far every single one was a failure. I could see it in all the were-girl's eyes; they didn't have the look of pure adoration and devotion. I know I didn't have the look you saw when you've finally find your mate. It's been this way ever since the night the Elders delivered the message from the Fates that destroyed my life. The message was that I would never find my mate- I was born full, a soul already complete. I could spend my whole life looking but I would never find him or her, I would be forever alone until death when I will be once again torn apart and thrust back in the world. With another chance to find my mate, a mate that didn't return to the world with me this time around. If that is a mate- then I don't want a real one at all. A male world without a mate is dangerous; especially one with the genes of an alpha. So my pack- my father are trying all they can to avoid their final option- my death. If I don't find my mate by midnight tomorrow night, I'll be joining my ancestors up in the stars.

....................................................................................................................................

Emmaline's P.O.V.

The woods around me were unnaturally quiet. The atmosphere foreboding and thick with dread. Leaving a bitter taste in my mouth each time I took a breath. Even the sky is grey and darkening with an approaching storm. All of these signs were setting me on edge, making me restless. I pick up speed only stopping to lean against a tree every 2 miles to catch my breath. Then I smelled them- a large powerful pack barely a mile up ahead of me. But that wasn't the only thing I could smell. I could smell sorrow, anger, and a very faint scent of relief. This packs feelings are what is bringing on the sense of foreboding and read surround the woods. I know these woods belong to the Shyrewolf pack. they were on our side of the war. So I wouldn't be intruding without cause, I am a grade above them all with my father being one of the most powerful werewolves among us.

The sound of the marching drums start playing and a tingle of unease races down my spine. They were the sounds of the Dead Walking Man tempo, a tempo only played when someone is going to be executed. I push off of the tree with only one thought in my mind. 'I can't stand by and let somebody die'. I start running as fast as I can until i finally make it to a clearing. ONly stopping when i saw them walking him out- and I recognized him. Beauregard Shyrewolf, the next Alpha in line to Samson Shyrewolf. Beauregard was in chains being led forward by four strong warrior wolves. I remember Beauregard from when we were children. He was always kind and considerate to others. He doted upon his baby sister Annette who'd follow him around everywhere. His dark brown hair reached the length of his chin, his jaw shadowed by a sheen of beard. Everything about him screamed big, strong, POWERFUL. The wolf and Luna stirred in me at the sight of him. He was a man and wolf worthy of us, even though he didn't have the calling ot my soul like my mate did. But first before I do anything extreme I must know of his crime.

"We come here with heavy hearts, and sadden souls. For this is a MERCY death for my son Beau! For we don't want him to live out his life MATELESS! Nor do we wish for him to become a ROGUE- to become insane! Son with these words I will set you free to join our ANCESTORS in the stars! I love you son!" Alpha Samson shouts meeting the eyes of his back before meeting his sons.

I hear a scream of anguish and my eyes shoot towards a young woman. Her stomach heavy with pregnancy, being held by a man with his muscles taut with effort. He hair is the same colors as Beau, but her hair reaches her waist and is braided down her back.

"Daddy please- please extend the deadline! Please daddy, he's your SON- my big BROTHER!" She begs tears streaming down her face."Stop your tears Annette, you know our father. The old way is the right way." Beau says calmly, it was unsettling how calm he is.

Annette grows silent turning away and burying her face into the crook of her mates neck. Her shoulders shaking with the force of her sobs. The Were warriors shove him forward to his knees in front of a wooden block. Having him rest his chin upon it. My decision was decided, I run toward. Going faster than I ever have before. Throwing myself over him feeling a brief slice of the blade sting the back of my neck. Warning me of the cut that was bestowed there by interfering. But the pain was barely noticeable.

"Don't question anything- follow my lead." I whisper fiercely.

I felt a brief nod after a moments hesitation.

"I am Emmaline Tymberwolf, future Luna of the Tymberwolf Pack! And I declare I have found my Mate!" I call out, keeping my head down.

Schooling my face into a mask of contentment at 'finally finding my mate'. I lift up my face and see Beauregard had done the same."I Beauregard Shyrewolf declare I have found my mate!" He declares, but we both know the truth.

We were about to give the performance of a lifetime.