➛⠀𝟮𝟵 | 𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝗢𝗙𝗙

Start from the beginning

Nico resumed applying her eyeshadow to her face. "Don't be." She replied. "I-It's fine. Really." She chuckled nervously.

"It's okay if you're not fine." You reassured earning a glance from Nico.

"It's encouraged, even." Gert tried to boost Nico's mood, but Nico stood up and began to walk away. Nico turned around to face Gert when she was close to you and the door. "Look, I did what I did, and I can't change that." She sighed. "And we should all be inspired by Gert's plan. Time to move on."

Nico gave Gert a short smile before turning to face you. "You wanted to go to MIT, right? You can apply with Gert if you want to." She reassured you before walking away. As Gert and Molly stared at Nico, you followed your adoptive sister. "Nico..." You softly called out as you caught up to her, walking beside her.

Nico looked at you and sighed, fully stopping from walking. "Yeah?"

"If you want us to move on, maybe we can apply for any colleges together." You suggested with a hopeful smile.

Nico shook her head. "Colleges aren't really my thing."

"I don't mind not going to college. After everything we've been through, I don't think I can easily move on from all of this." You held your adoptive sister's hands while you looked at her. "Wherever you go, I go. You'll always have me."

Nico returned your stare and finally smiled when she saw how concerned you were about her. She gave you a nod and squeezed your hands slightly. "Thanks, (Y/n). Promise me that you'll stay with me and support me even if you get married."

You chuckled at the thought of getting married. Marriage never crossed your mind probably because you were still young. However, when Nico brought it up, you vowed that you would not abandon your sister, even if you did find someone to marry. "I promise."

You and Nico heard the Rolls Royce car parked in the garage, indicating Alex and Chase had returned. "Looks like they're back," Nico muttered. You and Nico followed the two young men into the dining room, where Molly and Gert were setting up the breakfast table.

You stood next to Gert as you watched Molly move some food around while Nico walked to stand next to Chase. Karolina was soon seen and heard walking down the stairs by all of you. The group took a pause to see her in the dining room, and the tension between Karolina and Nico in the room was evident.

Karolina crossed her arms. "If nobody else is gonna say it, I will." She stated. "What happened at the dig site was awful."

Nico kept her head down to avoid Karolina's eyes, while Chase nodded slowly. "Yeah," Chase replied to Karolina. "We, uh, we get that."

"Is there anything you need?" Gert asked Karolina. "Anything we can do?"

"We could have another funeral," Molly suggested as she glanced at Nico. "Maybe not a Wiccan one this time."

"Thanks, Molly," Karolina responded. "All I really need is just a day off."

"Off of...?" Gert asked unsurely.

"Off of everything," Karolina stated. "I don't care what mission-y crap goes on today. I'm out."

Nico cast a glance towards Karolina as Chase started to ask her. "Well, what's your plan?"

"Maybe take the bus to the beach. Hike the canyon. I haven't decided yet."

"Maybe that's what we all need—a day off," Alex suggested. He turned to face Chase when he felt his gaze on the back of his head. "What? You were just telling me how it's getting all claustrophobic in here."

Chase immediately shifted his gaze to Gert, who was staring at him, baffled. Molly's brows pinched in astonishment and befuddlement as she looked at Chase. He looked back at Alex. "Thanks for that, man." He sarcastically said.

"No, but you're right." Alex insisted. "We could all use a break, a day off. You know, just—and then tomorrow we can decide what's next."

Karolina nodded in agreement while Chase sighed as he looked at Alex. "Wilder, what are you gonna do with a day off?"

Alex took out his phone and gave it a gentle shake. "I'm gonna find out if I still have a friend."

As you crossed your arms, you raised an eyebrow in astonishment. "Do we know that friend?"

Alex looked at you and instantly felt fear from the look in your eyes. "I-I think I might have mentioned her."

"Her?" You asked, tilting your head.

"That Compton girl?" Chase asked as he raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Wilder, I think you're secretly dating this girl."

Alex gave an uneasy chuckle as he glanced at you. "I'm not. She's a friend, I swear."

"I thought you had a fling with her," Nico told quietly, her gaze landing on Alex.

You slowly nodded while Alex mentally screamed. You reached for an apple while you tapped your fingers on the table. "Well, I'm meeting with Adam in the next few days, who's just a friend, by the way. Guess I'll spend the rest of the day picking what to wear." You stated as you took a bite of your red apple before going upstairs.

Alex bit his inner cheeks as he gripped the chair while Gert looked at him. "What are you waiting for? I thought you were going to see your friend."

"Yeah, yeah..." Alex grumbled before walking out of the dining room. Molly blinked her eyes in curiosity and wonder.

-•-°-•-°-☆

hi, i'm back 🤍