➛⠀𝟮𝟳 | 𝗞𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗝𝗢𝗡𝗔𝗛

Start from the beginning

Soon, Jonah and Karolina eventually ceased to use their powers. "We were trying to help them," Karolina explained to Jonah. "We don't want anyone hurt."

"You have the power... to stop this," As he proceeded closer to Karolina, Jonah was completely unaware of Molly's approach from behind. "So do we!" Molly exclaimed before using her powers to hit Jonah with a metallic pole. "Badass Latinas: one. Aliens: zero."

Stacey and Dale got their pistols ready. "Game time," Stacey whispered to her husband.

"I couldn't agree more. Thank God that (Y/n) had bought us some time." Dale exhaled deeply before joining Stacey in aiming their gun at the ship. When they started shooting, they learned the serum was ineffective.

"Shit!" Stacey exclaimed. "It isn't working."

"Don't give up," Dale reassured. "Keep firing."

Jonah turned his head to PRIDE, glaring intensely at them as he slowly stood up. Chase revved up his Fistigons in preparation for an attack from Jonah. As he turned to face you, Jonah shone brightly. When you returned his stare, you noticed his furious expression. "Enough of this!" Jonah yelled angrily as he unleashed his powers on PRIDE and the Runaways, knocking back all of you.

You lost your focus and freed the ship from your powers as you felt yourself slipping away from consciousness when you felt the back of your head hitting against the ground. When your eyes fluttered close, the tiara gradually faded away. However, the spacecraft crackles, and the aliens aboard moaned in pain as a result of your efforts to halt it with the help of the Steins and the Yorkeses.

The adults and their kids, except for you and Nico, stared at Jonah's ship that was turning black. Jonah tilted his head as he stared helplessly at his spaceship. "Honey..." Dale gasped. "...it's working."

"We did it." Victor took a deep breath and glanced at Janet.

As she watched her relatives die, Karolina shook her head. "No." She whispered. "No, no, no, no, no, no, no."

The launch of the ship was stopped and the spaceship was destroyed. Jonah lowered his head in dismay. As he breathed deeply, he turned around and faced everyone. "Look what you've done." He hissed.

While the Runaways remained on the ground, Jonah decided to head towards PRIDE. Nico slowly opened her eyes, regaining her consciousness back. Nico slowly sat up and looked around to see you laying on the ground unconsciously. "(Y/n)..." She whispered as her fists clenched when she thought of her departed sister, Amy.

"Jonah... he killed Amy."

Nico rose to her feet and reached her hand to grab the Staff. She spun around angrily to see Jonah as she continued to remember her older sister and how she discovered her lifeless body. Alex went to your side and shook you awake as the other members of the Runaways stood up. "(Y/n)? (Y/n)?" He called out as he moved your body to his arms.

Alex cupped your cheeks in pure worry when you weren't responding. "(Y/n), come on, wake up." He begged as he shook you once more.

You slowly opened your eyes and you looked up, immediately meeting Alex's eyes. "Alex?" You asked. Alex sighed in relief, leaning his forehead against yours. "Oh, my God. I thought I lost you." He exhaled.

You closed your eyes for a brief moment before rising up with Alex's assistance. You watched as Nico imbued the Staff of One with serum brought by the Yorkeses by stabbing the end of the handle to the vial. You witnessed the adults take a step back in dread as Jonah confronted them furiously.

"What are you going to do if you ever see him again? And I mean tonight..."

"I'm not sure, but... I want to kill him."

When Karolina spotted Nico sprinting towards Jonah, her eyes widened. Nico screamed as she leaped to her feet and prepared to stab Jonah from behind with the Staff.

"I love you, sis..."

Your eyes widened while Karolina tried to stop Nico. Nico yelled angrily and stabbed Jonah in the chest with the Staff of One, causing Karolina to cry in horror. "NO!"

Jonah was brought to his knees as you and your friends watched in disbelief. Nico pulled the staff back while the adults were pleased that Jonah was gone because of Nico Minoru. Karolina dashed past Nico on her way to her father's lifeless body on the ground.

You gave Alex a quick glance before sprinting towards a trembling Nico, who was in disbelief to realize she had killed someone. And that someone was Karolina's father. You cupped Nico's cheeks as she looked around, hyperventilating. "Hey, Nico... I'm here." You reassured Nico as you brushed your own pain aside to comfort your sister. Nico's eyes finally met yours and she quickly hugged you.

You felt Nico's body shaking against yours and you combed her hair to soothe her as you stared down at Jonah. "Now we're gonna have to take it all," Jonah muttered as he stared into the sky, causing Karolina to furrow her eyebrows. "What?" She asked. "Dad."

Jonah blinked a few times. "Where am I?" When he saw Karolina crying, he became even more confused. "Why are you crying?" He asked in concern.

Leslie stood behind Karolina as Karolina sobbed. "Dad." Karolina smiled, confused by Jonah's odd behavior. "Dad, it's me. It's your daughter Karolina."

"Who are you?" Jonah asked, his accent switching into Australian all of a sudden. After he asked his question, Jonah looked away and stopped breathing. Karolina cried harder while Leslie scoffed as she stared down at Jonah's lifeless body. "Good riddance."

Everyone shielded their eyes as Jonah's body glowed brighter than before. Leslie tried to hold Karolina but her daughter stepped back. The light soon escaped from Jonah's body. "What the hell... just happened?" Stacy questioned in shock.

Catherine turned her head to see her son. "Alex." She called out as she approached Alex with her husband. "Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

Gert and Molly were approached by Stacey and Dale. "Gert, Molly, please..." Stacey pleaded to her two daughters. "It's time to come home," Dale added. Gert and Molly looked at each other.

"Chase, I'm just so glad to see you," Janet told Chase as she and Victor came to their son's side.

Nico veered away from your embrace and fixed her gaze on the Staff of One. Tina and Robert approached you and your adoptive sister, which you noticed. "Nico, (Y/n)." Tina calmly called out. "Are you two alright?"

"Sleep," Nico mumbled under her breath as she cast a spell to put PRIDE to sleep. You and your friends were left standing after the adults collapsed. Alex looked around. "How long's that gonna last?" He asked.

A tear rolled down Nico's cheek and seeing her cry crushed your heart. "L-Long enough." She croaked out. "Let's go." She took your hand in hers and led you out of the dig site, with the others following close behind. Karolina lingered beside her father's body for a few moments before following you and the others.

-•-°-•-°-☆

Next chapter is a special treat! I hope y'all gonna love it.