➛⠀𝟮𝟰 | 𝗝𝗢𝗡𝗔𝗛'𝗦 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗡

Start from the beginning

"This better be something useful." Molly replied as she stood next to you.

Alex cast a glance over at Karolina and Nico, who were sitting next to each other. "My dad's said there's something down in the dig site. Jonah's ship. It's buried underground." He stated. "That's why earthquakes are happening. Jonah's trying to release his ship out of that hole. Tonight."

Except for Nico and Karolina, you and the rest of the group widened your eyes. "Ship? What kind of ship exactly?" You asked.

"Like... a spaceship," Alex answered hesitantly.

"You've gotta be kidding me." Chase scoffed. "He's saying the Death Star is buried underground?"

You snickered when you heard Chase trying to reference Star Wars while Alex sat down on a chair as he looked at his friend. "The Death Star is an orbital battle station, but I'll give you credit for trying," Alex told Chase. "Yeah. That's exactly what he's saying."

Molly smiled. "Spaceship in Compton. That's kinda boss." She commented.

You confusedly blinked twice and you shook your head in bewilderment. "No, this can't be real." You replied. "Are you sure this is real? This can be another of PRIDE's tricks. To bring us home."

Nico sighed. "His dad is telling the truth." She spoke up. "There is a ship down there."

Alex tilted his head in wonder. "How do you know?"

Karolina shook her head. "She doesn't." She replied. "I do. I've seen it."

"How?" Gert asked.

"I've... been down there... with Jonah," Karolina admitted, eliciting a few puzzled looks from everyone, including you. Karolina stood up as Molly looked at her in disbelief. "You better talk fast, because I'm about to get really pissed."

You took Molly's hand in yours and rubbed your thumb on top of hers to reassure her. Chase also rose up and looked at Karolina, who had crossed her arms. "He's my father." She admitted. You blinked your eyes multiple times. "I'm sorry, what?" You gasped.

Molly slightly shrugged, still in disbelief. "I guess I saw that coming."

Gert cracked a smile. "The family that glows together, grows together, right?"

Chase turned his attention to Gert. "And we thought our parents were the messed-up ones."

"He's been teaching me," Karolina replied. "Explaining everything."

"Including the part where we all die in a catastrophic earthquake?" Chase questioned.

"That's not going to happen. Molly's parents didn't understand how his ship worked. Their calculations were based on our technology, not his." Karolina explained.

You scrunched your face. "That sounds bullshit. His ship is definitely the main reason why earthquakes are happening here in LA."

Molly gave Karolina a cold stare, offended by her friend's words. "Are you saying that my parents were stupid?" She questioned Karolina in an accusatory tone. "And that they died for nothing?"

Karolina immediately shook her head. "No, not at all Molly." She replied. "I'm just saying that there are things about him they couldn't have known."

"And you trust him?" Alex questioned.

"Yes." Karolina gave a brief nod before pausing to consider her thoughts. "No. Maybe." She shook her head. "He let us escape from the church that day, and he showed me things that are wonderful. And now he just wants to leave. That's all he's ever wanted."

Nico snapped her head towards Karolina in surprise. "Wait. He's leaving?" She asked earning Karolina's attention. "How can you be so sure he plans on not taking you with him?"

"He hasn't asked me to go, so..." Karolina shrugged slightly, her confidence wavering.

"He hasn't asked yet." You stated. "He's probably going to ask you as soon as the ship is out of the ground."

Karolina kept her gaze on you, her mind analyzing your words. Chase agreed with you and nodded his head. "Just think about it. Is there a possibility that he takes you onto that ship and then leaves the rest of us behind to die?"

Karolina shook her head. "He wouldn't do that."

"I'm gonna go with 'I'm pretty sure he would'." Molly retorted.

"I would know," Karolina argued. "We're connected in this weird way on a deeper level."

Thinking about Karolina's words, you cocked your head to the side. Alex got up from his seat and turned to face Karolina. "And that's why you're staying behind today." He announced.

Chase scoffed. "Of course, you would say that. I mean, leaving Karolina behind is kind of your thing."

You frowned at Chase, sending him a look. "Hey, I recall you previously agreeing to leave Karolina behind." You scolded, earning a nod from Alex.

Nico stood up, standing beside Alex. "No." She said. "No, Alex is right."

Your brows lifted in astonishment, and Karolina gave Nico a startled look. "What?" She asked in disbelief.

Nico clicked her teeth as she stared at Karolina. "You betrayed us." She stated. "All of us."

"Sneaking out?" Molly asked. "Lying about where you were going? With one of them."

"Yeah, but Karolina's the only reason why we got out alive last night." Chase defended. He winced slightly as he looked at you. "Except for (Y/n) since she wasn't there." You sighed as you crossed your arms. "The point is, leaving her here probably isn't the best plan."

"That's a risk I'm willing to take," Nico stated softly as she and Karolina stared at each other. You made a mental note to talk to Nico later.

Alex nodded. "Me too. So pack your gear. We leave now. We're gonna destroy that hole."

Except for Karolina, you and the rest of the group started going to your rooms to prepare. You decided to pay Nico a visit to her room when you were finished. "I understand that it is not my place to ask about your relationship with Karolina, but I can really feel the tension between you two." You told Nico after entering her room and seeing her with her back facing you. "Do you want to talk about it, Wednesday?"

Nico looked above her shoulder to see you and she sighed, turning her body to fully face you. You cracked a nervous smile. "Sorry, you kinda look like Wednesday Addams right now." You said it in an attempt to cheer up your sister.

"Karolina just dropped an information last night."

"Is it bad?" You asked as you sat down on her bed, looking up at her. "Like really bad?"

"I haven't told anyone about this yet..." Nico gulped as she took your hand, holding it gently, and shakily sighed. "Jonah... killed Amy."

As you took a moment to comprehend Nico's words, your eyes widened. "He..." You blinked your eyes in disbelief. "He killed Amy?"

Nico silently nodded as she clenched her jaw while you looked down. "That's... a lot. What are you going to do if you ever see him again? And I mean tonight..."

Nico's eyes welled up with tears as she looked at you. "I'm not sure, but... I want to kill him."

-•-°-•-°-☆

An early update because I am emotionally wrecked.