afterlife of a god

Start from the beginning

My anger bubbles and I shout "Enough!! I wish to speak with Anubis myself! You said that's where she is!"

"Sorah. That isn't possible. You are required to go back with the other gods."

I grit my teeth saying "Not without Genevieve."

Taweret says "I apologize. Genevieve is already in the sands of Duat. And you must return without her."

"Return where?! What body?? If Genevieve is gone what body am I supposed to inhabit? What fucking body, Taweret??"

She pauses and says "You will do as the other gods do, acquire an Avatar finally. You'll lose some control and say but it will be fine after an adjustment period I'm sure."

I grit my teeth saying "That isn't what my Grandfather wanted for me. It's the reason he gifted Genevieve to her parents. It wasn't just a gift for her parents, it was my chance at a life! I will speak to Anubis myself, now!"

Taweret's eyes widen and she says "Duat, is where you will find Genevieve, but I can't promise she'll return with you. If Anubis has gotten to her already."

I shake my head saying "Anubis and my grandfather are friends, I don't understand why he would do this to me."

Taweret says "Listen to me, your parents, I love them, but they have no say in the matter. Neither does your grandfather, he's succumbed some of his power to reach your mother and protect you. Your mother is still held in stone."

Parents?

Meaning my father?

I ask "My father? What does he have to do with this? I don't even know him."

Taweret ignores me saying "I actually have cards, I'll go over those first... Well, the Duat's true nature is impossible for the human mind to comprehend you two may perceive this realm as something more easily recognizable to you. Sorah sees it as she is, because of her godly status. Though, she could opt in on the illusion if she'd like. A pysch world is a first for both of us I'm sure."

I glare at her and Marc says "Surely we're dead."

I hurl a wave of power towards Taweret and she gasps. "That is not nice Sorah! Not nice! I'm in the middle of an explanation to your boyfriends!"

I say angrily "I want my mother. If I'm here I want to be with her. I don't want to speak with you. I want my mother."

She shakes her head saying "That's not possible. I'm sorry. But, as I said, I can... I suppose help you find Anubis."

I'm pulled away from Marc and Steven quickly as Taweret leads us different ways

She warns me "He isn't who he's depicted to be in the real world. Be cautious and good luck with the grumpy old man."

She quickly disappears to assist Marc and Steven I can only assume