RIVALRY⚘✾

“It was me all along. I had been seeking ways to meet you by all means. Then I had a perfect idea—steal your phone and make you come for it, come for me. I never stopped stalking you and when you made that post on your little trip to the mall, I grasped the opportunity. I had one of my guys get me an exact replica of Remi's outfit. I also positioned that girl to spill some stuff on you to get you distracted in the bathroom. And Victoria was also a distraction for your boyfriend.

“I never wanted your money, Temi, although, it was to help pay up those I got involved but I really wanted to see you.
I was the guy who walked past you while you were in the car.”

“Adam!!!! I should have thought of you!!! So it was you!!!”

“Yes. Things didn't go as perfect as planned but at least, I saw what you look like on the outside and I still want you so bad.”

"You're cute alright, but you're more of a psychopath."

                        ***
All attention was intensive on my off-list that I accomplished every single one of it.
My attention was so drawn to that that I failed to note how I had achieved even more beyond that list; I managed to communicate with a Supreme being! All because I had no phone to offlead my attention or consume my time.

Even more startling, my addiction was gone! It was G-O-N-E! Little did I know that the urge was being distracted by the load of diversion and activities I occupied myself with, plus the consciousness of its existence was tuned out by the absence of its trigger—a device! When I figured that out, I was happy as a jaybird!
*•.¸♡ ♡¸.•*            ┗(^o^ )┓

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
JOURNAL CORNER
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
People are oblivious to the fact that all they need to kick out the addiction is to kick out the source.
People aren’t willing.

And the challenge?
It wasn't booming as we anticipated. Everyone loved to chip into trends, but not this one.
People weren't willing to go offline for a whole week. What would they be doing?
Few young people joined in; a noteworthy percentage of sixty adults and the forty percent remnants were of those whose parents had forced them to be a part of the challenge.

As a matter of fact, people started to backwash the challenge when others were really getting into it, giving them reasons not to get involved:

"Now, this offline challenge is just the dumbest thing ever and I hope it doesn't trend. Why would I wanna leave social media for a whole f***ing week? Leave my accounts, my followers, my works, and my posts for a whole week? For what, man! My whole life is on this thing. It's like asking me to last a week without nourishment. Now, I don't know who created this s**t but it's stoopid."

I was thrilled to post my achievements. When it was time for me to upload my losses, I couldn't find one which was truly valid. Lots of people could not really ascertain their losses, save for those who had built their legacies online. But for me, it was nothing!

On Sunday, I attended Church with a positive feeling. But it all was waved off when I had to use the Bible app in my phone and got drawn back by an Instagram notification. And so it was till the rest of the sermon.

We sat together on my living room couch. My legs were crossed on the arm of the couch with my head leaning on Aisha's laps. The room was serene for we were minding our social businesses in our respective virtual worlds. *Sigh* Everything's back to normal.

I arrived online and scrolled through my flooded texts and notifications. There were millions of them. First off, I had to make a sharp post, announcing my return. Lots of people cared, others didn't even notice I was gone. :((
I had phoned Oliver as soon as I got my phone, to apologize concerning Remi's misbehaviour and reveal the absolute truth to him. He was cool with everything but now he hated Remi for real.