She's so adorable, I can honestly picture what her, their, future kids would look like.

"Where's JD and Chris?" Maddie asked, looking behind the Inquisitor, hoping to see her brothers.

"They went to find your father." the Inquisitor responded as she stood up "How's your living situation here? Do you get along with everybody?"

"I made lots of friends. I especially like my new friend, her name is Izzy but I don't think her brother likes me." Maddie frown, sadly.

"I'm sure he'll grow on you someday. What's not to like?" the Inquisitor said as she fix Maddie's braid over her shoulder "Come on, let's go find your father." she hold out her hand which Maddie take with her tiny little hands.

As they're walking, Alec and I closely followed behind but then Imogen suddenly turned to stone then to ash.

"What just happened?" I gasped as we watched the horribly situation.

"Nana?" Maddie softly called as her gripped emptied "Nana, where'd you go?" she said confusedly before her little feet run away.

A sound of imprecise argument was heard from our position. We hurriedly went to the source of the sound leading us to the study hall. Going inside, we saw the Starkweathers in the center of the room. Maddie and Chris where standing in front of JD who's sitting on a bench as he scroll through his phone.

I don't recall exactly which time this was, but by the looks of it, Maddie was on her pubescent self — about eleven to twelve-years-old here and that will put her twin brothers between fourteen to fifteen-years-old.

"I'm just saying, you could've told me, JD." Chris argued out to JD "Lying is beneath you."

Wow... it's been a long time since I've seen these two. This is somewhat amazing.

"I don't normally agree with Doofus over here." Maddie taunted, nodded pointing to Chris in her side "But I agree. It's not fair to trick us."

"And what would either of you have said if I told you?" JD asks, raising his eyebrows.

"Well-"
"I-"
Maddie and Chris stammered but then they cannot say the words out loud as they already know the answer.

"Exactly." said JD.

I remember this fight.

Chris and Maddie were arguing about something like normal siblings do and they haven't talk to each other in days and they're using JD as a messenger for when they throw indirect insults with each other.

"Look, Mama's death anniversary is coming up." JD noted, standing up from his seat "And every time it does, Papa gets a little space out and depressed. You don't want to add to it with you both gunning to kill each other. So, you better start acting like you two are related."

With that, JD passes between Alec and I and left his two siblings alone. There was an amount of silence, little movement, and low glances before one of them spoke.

"Listen, uhm..." Chris starts "I'm sorry for being a jerk. You did not deserve that."

"Well, to be fair, I wasn't exactly mim about this whole thing." Maddie sneered "I guess we both deserve a little headbutt."

Chris chuckles "I really don't know why you make me so mad."

"Because I'm your little sister." Maddie smiles "We're nothing if we don't irritate each other... it's what we do."

After, Chris image started to turn gray, stone.

"Chris?"

And then dust to ashes... again.