Chapter 11: Always and forever interrupted!

Depuis le début

"What has he done to you?" Hope cups her sister's face between her hand and leans to tenderly kiss her forehead while a lone tear rolls down her cheek "I thought I lost you. I just got you in my life, I'm not ready to lose you too." Penelope smiles as best she can with her face and body hurting everywhere and lightly chuckle, which was a mistake and makes her lightly wince in pain "And I already told you, you're stuck with me." Hope can't help it, she starts to sob again and Penelope's heart breaks at the sign so she pulls her sister into a tight and secure hug for the second time in less than five minutes, but she doesn't mind, she, herself needs it.

Some noises behind them grab their attention, Trevor comes back from the dead, a smirk plastered on his face "Well, well, well, if it isn't sister dearest.." Hope sees red, she doesn't think twice before charging him and starts to beat the hell out of him. "Hope..." Penelope weakly tries to stop the girl but Hope doesn't hear her, too enraged she continues to beat him, each time harder. He continues to laugh while she punches and kicks him everywhere, which anger her even more so she throws him across the room before lifting him into the air and pinning him against the wall by his throat. She stops a few seconds to look in his eyes before she slowly buries her hand into his chest and clutches his heart, as he had done a few minutes ago to Penelope. His smirk finally falls from his face and a pain cry escapes from his throat.

As Hope was about to rip his heart with satisfaction, Penelope's voice stopped her "Wait, no! Hope don't do this! Please!" Hope looks at her sister's bloody and bruised face with a dark look and snaps "Why not?! He deserved it! He hurted you and killed your family!" Penelope nodes, painfully struggling with going on her feet "I know and you're right maybe he deserves it. But Hope I know you, you have a good heart and if you kill him you'll regret it. He isn't feeling well, he is hurt and confused, the headmaster can help him, you know that, so please, let him go." There is this pleading in her voice that Hope's heart can't help but soften. 'She is too good for this world...'

She turns to Trevor to look at him, really look at him, something is missing in his eyes, some light, something like.. Humanity? And it's been a while since he turns his humanity off. She let out a long defeat sigh before slowly retracted her hand from his chest and loosen her grip from his throat. She let him go, but not before punching him in the face hard enough to make him fall on the ground unconscious.

She takes a deep breath to calm herself then Penelope carefully takes her hand and interwins her fingers then she gives it a light tug "Come on, let's get home." Hope nodes blankly but lets Penelope drag her out of the room, not leaving Trevor's almost lifeless body out of her sign. Once the door is closed behind them, Hope cells the room so he wouldn't escape, and she watches as Penelope goes slowly at the opposite side of where the cave's stairs are. But she doesn't question it, instead she silencely follows her sister and supports most of her weight as the latter guides her towards another door, almost invisible. When Penelope opens the door, all the questions on the tip of her tongue are answered. There before her eyes is her sister carefully kneeling before what she supposes is her ex-boyfriend Brandon, chained, the guy who has disappeared since the night Penelope's family died. Trevor was behind it too.. 'Well it makes a lot against this guy..'

Meanwhile, Hailey and Josie, still worried sick about Penelope, checked every single door in their labyrinth. The last one linked their space, ending with the both of them coming face to face, and crashing into each other. Josie landed on her back and Hailey on top of her "What the hell?!" Exclaims furiously Josie seing Hailey with a cheeky grin "If you wanted me on top, the only thing you needed to do was to ask Bambie." Josie suddenly rolls over, making Hailey lose her balance, which ends up with Josie on top, smiling victoriously at her "In your dreams Blondie." Then she gets up, looks around her and says hurriedly "Seems like a dead end, Let's hope, Hopey gets more luck, let's move on, maybe they already are outside." Josie runs past Hailey without looking back.