𝗳𝗮𝗿 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲

𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝘀𝗺𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝘀𝗺𝘂𝘁, 𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝗮𝗴𝗲𝗱 𝘂𝗽 𝘁𝗼 18+

2478 𝘄𝗰, 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝗿𝘂𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 & 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝘁 𝗮𝗹𝗹

the crowd cheered & stomped their feet, screaming could be heard from every angle & it was giving mike wheeler a headache. sweeping the bangs of his mullet out of his face, the tall slender teen decided to clap his hands along with the others.

standing in the middle of the gym, feeling lonely at the realization that this is how his friendships come to an end. he looks over to dustin, "didn't you just come from the bathroom?" he scowled.

dustin huffed as he made his way through the other bodies of the teens he was surrounded by, "i was buying goobers!" he exclaimed, holding up the candy box.

mike only scoffed, turning his attention back to the doors of the gym, where the cheering got louder. one by one, all of the basket ball players came out, relishing in the cheering.

cheerleaders stood on standby while the boys waved at their fellow classmates. "L-U-C-A-S!" the cheerleaders sang as lucas sinclair jogged through the doors.

dustin clapped, turning to mike to see him cheering unenthusiastically, a sour expression on the taller boys face. "he looks like he's having fun." dustin mentioned, pointing to lucas, who was waving.

mike huffed & sucked his teeth at the remark, "he looks like a dick."

he wasn't wrong, lucas looked like a jock, a term that they always hated until their party member got involved into the sport. it wasn't like mike didn't realize they were getting older & friendships fade away, he knew that.

he just didn't think, of all people, lucas sinclair... the ranger of their party... who used to love playing dnd, would be one of the populars. certainly not lucas.

mike was jealous, yes.

but the boy also hated every aspect of the situation. & it bothered him because he knew lucas once hated it too. the whole party would talk shit about the popular kids when they were younger. they were literally bullied by them since like, fourth grade??

did that stop lucas from becoming desperate once he realized he could fit into their clique's? no, it didn't. & mike was beyond furious about it.

lucas just wasn't lucas anymore.

mike was too lost in his feelings that he didn't even realize that they had started the game awhile ago. he felt a nudge on his arm, pulling him out of his trance. "look." dustin nodded towards the doors.

there stood max, glaring at what used to be her boyfriend. her face held an upset expression & mike almost felt bad for her. ever since lucas gained popularity, he's ignored her. he's almost completely ignored all of them.

"damn, she looks sad." he murmured back, making dustin turn his head. "have you talked to will or el?"

mike nodded, "i talked to el this morning. she's excited about summer, sounded like she's having a hard time at school."