♡𝗔 𝗦𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗴𝗴𝗹𝗲 𝗜𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗲𝗱♡

Start from the beginning

The night in progress was only one of many nights spent with the 'family' - the boys and their significant others - gathering for a memorable evening of dinner, wine and humour. The secret to a healthy bond amongst all of you was the occasional call for a bit of a reunion dinner, which happened every month.

That was not to say that you never interacted with each other outside of those scheduled dinners, but given how fast-paced life had become, it was the only time you could all touch-base without feeling the need to rush.

And there was never a single dinner event that didn't succeed beautifully. It was always something delightful to look forward to, and even more delightful to remember.

On the current evening, Freddie had taken the initiative to pick a venue for the dinner, and true to his personality, the location was both extravagant and breathtaking.

From the lighting to the architecture, everything was astoundingly admirable, and everyone had been enjoying the pleasant experience for the past two hours.

Brian and John were the only two, of the four, that could say they were in attendance with their spouses - you and Veronica - because Freddie hadn't brought anyone along, and Roger was there with his girlfriend of four months, Leia.

Still, everyone conversed and remnisced as though not a single day had passed since the first meeting, and it was what made the miseries of life seem less potent.

And as always, with a bit of wine, there was never a lack of mischief.

"So I looked at the bastard, and I said: "You're f****** lying, right? How the f*** did you let me 'accidentally' eat an edible?!" Freddie continued, telling the all too familiar story of how he had accidentally gotten high for the first time.

Everyone laughed loudly as Roger shot a bit of mockery in his bandmate's direction.

You took another sip of your wine, glancing at Brian for the nth time that night.

For some reason, that particular night had had you feeling a little...'bothered', if you caught the drift. You couldn't have said that you were 'hot' - not yet, at least.

Perhaps it was the wine, or perhaps it was the fact that your husband had looked particularly sharp that night - whatever it was, your thoughts were racing, and they were not focused on the dinner itself.

Brian hadn't been oblivious to your glances, and he'd given you fleeting looks of his own, mainly because he was trying to figure out what exactly was going on with you - he wasn't too certain as to whether you were simply staring at him, or whether you wanted to tell him something.

When he'd finally had enough of being puzzled, he leaned over, whispering quietly. "Is there something that you want?" he asked.

If only he'd known that that was the perfect question - your answer just wasn't something anyone else ought to have heard.

Brian hadn't had any inappropriate implications with his words, because he had genuinely wanted to know if there was something you desired, something you wanted to say.

Something you wanted to do.

Your eyes focused on him again, and you stared at him for a whole minute before tilting your head to the side with a girlish smile.

It was definitely the wine.

None of the others had noticed your little moment, so the chatter continued in the background.