𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

Essence felt Vulnerable, and She tried everything in her heart not to paint Kentrell out to be just like duke, but it was hard being that, that's all she was used too.

Grabbing her phone from beside her, She looked at the text messages Shanique sent her a couple of seconds ago chewing on her bottom lip.

Essence didn't know what it was, but she couldn't leave Kentrell alone. The more she had flashbacks of what happened the other night, The more she found herself becoming attached and obsessed.

She felt no wrong though, Duke was the only person she gave herself to other than Kentrell.

The way he treated her made her feel special, then the sex topped it off, which made her feelings grow for him even more.

"Essence? Maybe you just have to accept the fact that-

"No, Why aren't y'all listening to me huh? He's not like Duke I promise." She continued shaking her head. She didn't know if she was trying to convince herself, or the others.

"I knew this shit was gone happen. I literally said how the other day it was gone fall in place and it did" Mijah spoke with semi wide eyes.

"We're not saying he's like Duke, But I mean maybe he just needs his space. You'll see him tomorrow at school."

"I'm tired of waiting Myra." Essence stood up with Ky in her arms.

Making her way down the hall, She walked into Micah's bedroom laying him down on his paw patrol box bed, Leaving a kiss on his cheek, before existing out the room.

"Where you going?" Maj asked watching as She slipped her Uggs on, grabbing her keys from off the kitchen corner.

"I'll be back" She mumbled and with that she left out of the house.

On the other side of town, Kentrell laid on the arm of the chair staring off at a blank wall. He felt as if he was in distress, more like sick, but he didn't know why.

He knew he was wrong for ghosting Essence the other day after they fucked, but he had his reasonings.

"Say, Top" Benjamin called making Kentrell shift his attention in his different. "Ion mean to get in yo business or nun, but you talked to her yet?" He asked referring to Essence.

Shanique, Horace, and Taurus looked over at Kentrell and he huffed before shaking his head. "Nah, I didn't."

"And why is that?" Shanique asked trying not to get upset. She knew how it was from Essence perspective, So for her son to go and do something like that really made her upset.

Shanique actually liked Essence. She seemed sweet and genuine, and she didn't want her son fucking over someone like that.

"To keep it a buck withcu'...I'm scared. Ian neva' had no female sit thea and fuck with me for me, treat me right and shit how she do. So What if I get comfortable and she turn around one day and change ha' mind."

"What if she don't? You can't be thinking negative like that dude cause everybody ain't like Chayln." Taurus told him.

"Ion know...Honestly, I just got the mindset that Imma end it before she do and I be the one hurt in the end." He spoke lowly and the guys shook their heads.