No second chances

Start from the beginning

Around thirty minutes into the ride, Samantha looked out the window as they came to a stop at a traffic light. When she saw who was parked next to them she immediately turned her head back to the seat in front of her. It was the twin terrors, Lorelai and Rory. Of course, this happens to her, because getting farted on isn't enough for Samantha Gilmore. The 12-year-old cautiously turned her head to look at the Lorelai's again. She cringed when she saw that they were both gawking at her and pointing wildly. The girl tried to shield her face as they rolled down their window and started yelling for her.

"Samantha!" Lorelai shouted, cupping her hands over her mouth. "Samantha, we can see you!" The youngest Gilmore continued to look the other way, pretending to talk to the old man that was still snoring beside her.

"You do realize your bus buddy is asleep right?" Rory called from the car. Samantha simply turned to them and stuck her tongue out before putting her hood over her head and sinking into the bus seat.

~:~

Samantha sighed in relief as she practically sprinted out of the bus and collapsed onto the pavement in front of her grandparent's estate. She didn't even notice that the Lorelai's were waiting for her in front of the fountain.

"Thank god that's over," the dramatic 12-year-old groaned as she flopped onto her back and sprawled out like a starfish in the middle of the driveway.

"You could've just ridden with us you know," the Lorelai's made themselves known as they stepped toward the girl. Samantha visibly tensed up and immediately stood to her feet.

"Where are you going?" Rory asked her sister as the blond went over to the bushes and pulled something out.

"What's that smell?" Lorelai questioned as she sniffed a foul odor coming from her daughter's dress. Samantha simply glared at her before walking toward the door, holding her set of extra clothes close to her.

"Are you mad at us or something?" Lorelai continued to follow the girl, Rory trailing behind. The only response they got was the front door slamming in their faces.

"Yeah, she's definitely mad at us."

~:~

"Samantha, you're finally back," Emily opened her arms for her granddaughter as she came into the living room where Rory, Lorelai, and Richard were sitting.

"Grandmary," Samantha smiled as she hugged her grandmother, "I missed you."

"I missed you more, dear."

"I'm next," Richard grinned as he hopped up from his seat to embrace his granddaughter, the girl letting out a giggle as she was pulled into a bear hug.

"Archibald!" Samantha called out to the butler who was trying to sneak away to the kitchen. "Come give me a hug!"

The middle-aged man huffed before trudging over to the blond and letting her wrap her little arms around his neck. Archibald hesitated a moment before enveloping the girl in a warm hug. He froze when he felt the tiny blond lean on his chest but soon relaxed as a smile formed under his mustache. It's possible he missed the little scamp just a tad.

~:~

"You know, this new hair is growing on me, Samantha," Emily pointed her fork at her youngest granddaughter with an approving expression. "It's very Saoirse Ronan."

"How do you even know who that is, mom?" Lorelai questioned, not expecting her mom to know the names of any actresses.

"We watched Little Women with Samantha before she went on her trip," Richard nodded. "Very fine film."