i keep waiting to wake up and miss him less

Start from the beginning

i look at his biceps in shock, this happens to me? woah i bet i get so many girls, he looks at me "what?" he asked, "i just....your... kinda ripped." i say pausing a bit, "okay" my older self said.

"do you work out?" "my genetics don't-" i said before he cuts me off. "ever have a thought and not let it out? could be fun to just keep it in." he suggested, "maybe in the future there's like, like gene therapy or nanotechnology for-" i raise my finger to feel his biceps, "don't do it.. don't.. don't do it" he says stopping me to touch it. my curiosity took over and i started asking questions.

"so, when does all.. this happen?" i say gesturing to him. "and does everyone skip leg day in the future?"  i ask, "does it happen in college?" i question, "oh, wait. do we get a lot of girls in college?"  i ask him, "i-" i start but get cut off by adam AGAIN, "adam, time travel exists" he laughs and continues "it exists. isn't that crazy?" he asked, "every conceptional idea that you have about the universe, has just been thrown out the window" he said, "yet your big question is, 'do i get laid?'" he stated.

"do i?"

"jesus christ", he said finishing zipping up his flight suit and started heading to the door, "i was just wondering." i said, "wonder in silence."

"oh my god! it's going to happen!" i breathed out, i follow future me outside into the backyard. "where you goin'?" i asked him. 

"drugstore" "i need to get this wound closed up" he replied, i look at his clothes and say "you're gonna go dressed like that?" he paused for a second, "why don't you where some of dads clothes" i suggest. 

----------------🧌----------------

y/n pov:

i walk to adams house after i finished what i had to do at home, i knocked on the door, while waiting i got out my phone and texted adam that i arrived. hearing footsteps i put my phone away, i was greeted by adam at the door, he was wearing a gray shirt that brought out his blue eyes, gosh his eyes are so pretty. "come in" he said, "oh uh thanks" i said snapping out of my thoughts.

he led me to what i think is his dads room, weird i've never seen him at his house. i see older adam standing in front of the wardrobe, me and adam stand next to him. "how long ago was dad's accident?" he said, oh. "about a year and a half ago" adam replied, "she still hasn't cleaned out his closet" his future self replied.

"she's not much of a house keeper" adam says, i hit him in the head "ow! what was that for?" he asked. "hey. you deserve that, you have her to take care of you. she has no one, d'you understand?" older adam stated, "do you understand? she wakes up every morning, with a broken heart and a closet full of his clothes", "and gets nothing from you but a fistful of crap, and not even, like, ten seconds of genuine empathy."  he said finishing his rant.

"i'm you, you know" the nimrod next to me says, "tell me about it, you know thirty years, and you still get sick to your stomach every time you remember how you treated her now."

he picks out a beige-y colored jacket, "i used to love this jacket" he said like a million memories rushed through his mind, "dad did too" adam said looking down, i grabbed his hand and smiled at him sympathetically, "i keep waiting to wake up and miss him less, but that hasn't happened yet-" he said, i cut him off by hugging him, i could hear a slight 'oof' coming from adam.

-----------🧌------------ 

older adams pov:

i hear adam let out a small 'oof' as y/n hugs him, i smile at the both of them, remembering my time with y/n before the incident. they let go from the the hug and smile at him.