engagement preparations

It's 6 am in the morning

Lakshmi has been preparing everything for devika's engagement . She is fulfilling her duties as the oberoi's daughter in law.

Everyone is helping laxmi in some way except for karishma, nelam and sonia they sat back on the couch .

Rishi was frustrated with this behavior of laxmi she was completely changed didn't speak to him in the absence of akshay's family and treated him the best in their presence.

Rishi: hey listen lakshmi you don't need to pretend that you love everyone here and care for them. Enough of this drama when you hate us for hiding the truth what's the need to pretend and help us with the preparations. 😒😤

Everyone is shocked on rishi's behavior.

Neelam: rishi we have a reputation . If akshay will know what we did with her he might break this marriage.

Laksmi: I am not pretending that's your job. I am genuinely interested in the preparations for devika's sake. And nothing else. And yes you don't have any rights to shout on me.

Everyone was like 😮😳😯😶😱😲

Rishi: ya sorry for that.

It's evening everyone is getting ready for devika's engagement.

Rishi wore a black tuxedo where laxmi wore a red saaree.

She literally looked breathtaking.

And when rishi saw her his hard skipped a beat.

Akshay's family made a grand entry with akshay's close friends and relatives.

Akshay introduced everyone to rishi and laxmi welcomed everyone with the  arti thaal  as the oberoi's bahu.

Every introduction was okay until Akshay introduced his business partner.

Akshay: Rishi bhai meet my business partner and my best friend Varun.

Flashback

Varun was from laxmi's village he was laxmi's ex fiancee and still loved him till date. After his marriage broke up with laxmi he worked hard to become a successful man.

Flashback ends

Laxmi was so happy to see him after such a long time. Somebody from her village made her happy .

She welcomed Varun with a smile.

Laxmi was in the kitchen checking on the starters.

Varun also went behind her.

Varun: arey laxmi ji aap to mumbai ake bhool gayi mujhe he said.

Laxmi turned back and said: no Varun how can i forget about you. .. And smiled...... So how are you?

Varun: I am successful he joked and alone 😔 leave me what about you?

Laxmi: I......... I am also good.

Varun: hey wait so mumbai ake you learned how to lie.

Laxmi hesitated: no..... Yaar what do u mean. I am really happy to be here. Rishi loves me alot.

Varun: so the problem is with rishi. Coz I didn't ask about rishi and you automatically told me rishi loves you.

Laxmi: you didn't change a bit you really didn't. You still crack bad jokes.
I am going out I have some work and she leaves.

Varun: but you have changed alot laxmi. I still love you and I will find out the reason for your fake smile. He says alone.

Dj: everyone shake your hands up in the air and let me invite all the beautiful couples for a dance.

Rishi and laxmi are partners and malishka and Varun are partners

This song is played and laxmi and rishi were dancing for a moment they forgot their differences and were lost in each other. The partners were switched and now malikshka rishi and Varun and laxmi were partners.

When rishi danced with malishka he still kept on looking for laxmi.
And so did laxmi she looked towards rishi.

Malishka was jealous. But Varun thought he was wrong about rishi he loves laxmi so immensely that he is still looking at her.

The dance was over everyone clapped.

Now came the time for engagement.
Devika and akshay exchanged their rings and everyone was happy.

The party went great. Everyone was enjoying. Rishi saw laxmi talking to Varun and smiling. He got jealous and went there.

Rishi: laxmi woh mujhe zara ek help chahiye.
Laxmi: rishi inse milo he Varun that guy from my village.

Varun: and laxmi's ex fiancee. You know what you should thank me rishi.

Rishi with a rage in his eyes: why

Varun: if I wouldn't have been so poor at that time and the accident wouldn't have happened. Laxmi would have been mine. And laughed jokingly.

Rishi passed a fake smile and holded laxmi's hand and took her to his room.

Laxmi: what happened rishi... What help you wanted?

Rishi: I wanted to ask am I looking good in this .

Laxmi puzzled: what the party is about to get over and that's what you wanted to ask you are really sick rishi.

She said and left for the party downstairs.

Everyone went home and the party was over.

Neelam: thanks laxmi for saving our reputation.

Laxmi passed a smile and went to her room.

Rishi followed her.

Rishi: hey laxmi the party was great.

Laxmi: thanks

Rishi: but that guy Varun he was a complete idiot. A silly joker.

Laxmi: he might had cracked lame jokes rishi but he was the most intelligent and educated person in our whole village. He educated everyone for free through tutions.

Rishi(in his mind) : I don't know  why I felt like I should break his jaw when he said that laxmi would have been hos wife.

Laxmi: I am going to change.

Rishi : ya ya okay.

She changes and goes to sleep on the couch.
Rishi: bed pe sojao me couch oe sojaunhga.

Laxmi: no need for that Mr. Rishi oberoi. I am comfortable here.

She dozed off to sleep. But Varun's words echoed in rishi's mind. He wasn't able to sleep